BNSF Railway Management Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 26, 2017

2.8

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BNSF Railway.

Interview

Applied online and a few days later was sent a link to take a 100 questions test. Mostly situational questions. Immediately was invited to preform a video interview in which i recorded my answers and then sent them in.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BNSF Railway

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BNSF Railway in November 2016.

Interview

Submitted a resume, and I was offered an interview a few weeks later. It was an on-demand interview, where I answer questions to myself and send the recording. I was not familiar with that format, so I don't think I did too well. Haven't received a reply yet. Not too optimistic.

Interview Questions

• How do you prepare for courses so that you are satisfied with the final grade?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at BNSF Railway (Fort Worth, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

Was very well put together first phone interview than a panel interview. It was situational and behavioral questions like the phone interview. Lasted two days long and the overall process took about 4 months

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BNSF Railway (Fort Worth, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

30 minute phone interview, then a two day event in Fort Worth, consisting of both a general and departmental overview, catered dinner and an interview in front of a panel.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BNSF Railway (Fort Worth, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Took a while for a recruiter to get back to me. Had a phone interview with scenario based questions and then the in person with more of the same. I also took a skills examination that was not hard and only took about an hour. They will conduct a full background and drug test at the time of the in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Several questions regarding what I would me most likely to do and then what I would be least likely to do in the same situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BNSF Railway (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

Applied online, was asked to do an online questionnaire, was then immediately contacted to do a phone interview. Waited 3 weeks and then was contacted to attend a hiring event in Fort Worth, TX. Attended the event, the employees all seemed pretty nice. First day of event was general information, 2nd day was the interview. Personally, I don't think it was enough time to really get to know us and how we would work with the team/individually (especially considering the person we would be working for was unable to attend the event).

Waited almost a month before the reject letter came (they said we would hear back in 2 weeks, which clearly was not the case). The entire process was slow (took almost 3 months from start to finish). It sounded like a great company to work for. Made a few new friendships from the hiring event though, so I guess that is a plus. It was still a great experience and I learned a lot.

They really push not saying much about their interview process to others, so I want to respect that as much as possible. You may find more specific interview information from other reviews on here though.

Interview Questions

• They ask not to share interview information, so I want to be respectful of that and not say anything specific.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BNSF Railway.

Interview

Was interviewed over the phone then asked to attend a hiring event in ft worth. we took a personality test and did a drug screening. The next day I was interviewed by a group of bnsf employees.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BNSF Railway (Fort Worth, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

They first schedule a phone interview and then, if that goes well, you are flown out to Fort Worth, Texas for a hiring event. They fly out way too many people and it seems that they already have a person in mind before you even interview. I interviewed along with 9 other people for one position so after 6 interviews or so, I'm sure they were tired and they didn't seem to listen intently.

Interview Questions

• Tell us of a time when you had multiple things requiring your attention. How did you get it all done?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BNSF Railway (Fort Worth, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

3 Interview stages:
    1. Call w/ HR. Basic questions about who I am and background as well as light questions to get a feel for personality and communication
    2. Call with Manager/Director to garner further details on experience and interests as well as hard qualifications
    3. BNSF flew me out close to headquarters in DFW to a hiring event. Included a dinner with the managers of hiring teams as well as HR staff. Following day was a panel-type interview

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to resolve a conflict as a leader   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BNSF Railway (Fort Worth, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

interview appeared to be very formal, but was in fact very informal once questioning began. all behavioral. it was a two day event that began with standardized testing then finished with profiles of each arm of the trainee positions. it was fun, and laid back. dinner was a great time to network with current employees.

Interview Questions

• tell us about a time you failed and how you went about it.   Answer Question