BNY Mellon Accounting Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BNY Mellon Accounting Analyst Interview Questions

2.5

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

There was one over the phone prescreen, and one in-person interview. Every standard behavior question was asked, up to you to bring up specifically technical qualifications. Waited about a month and a half to hear back before being offered the position.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BNY Mellon

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Boston, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

talked about 1 hour and manager is very nice, we went though my resume and talk a little bit more about my previous work experience.after one day, I received the offer and go to work after half month

Accounting Analyst Interview

Interview

Very straight forward, no preliminary phone interview. Just one in person interview with hiring managers.

Accounting Analyst Interview

Interview

Interview process was painless especially right out of college. Asked basic questions, strengths, weakness. where do you see yourself in 5 years? would you rather work on a team or an individual. Pretty basic questions for someone coming right out of college.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness?   1 Answer

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Applied and didn't get a response for nearly 6 months. After getting a phone call back they asked for me to reapply. See, often the Account Managers sit on a pile of resumes and sift through them when their workload is lighter in the middle of the month. Remember, if they bring you in they have to like you, because the majority of new hires are often brought in as temps and make their way into the company that way.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your old job? Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There isnt!

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2014.

Interview

Panel interview from three employees. Manager seemed most prepared to conduct the interview, additional colleagues seemed inexperienced to interview process. Standard behavioral questions. Review of past work experience. Review of education background. Review of resume items. Some personality and interests questions to gain an understanding of you as a person. Interview was mostly predictable, a simple search of common behavioral interview questions will prepare you well for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Important to know what is on your resume and describe past experiences, specifically handling conflicts in workplace.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

The communication for this interview was the best out of many jobs I applied for at BNY Mellon. The company is notorious for very slow communication with applications.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Asked Behavioral type questions and past work experience. Then had time at the end to ask questions to them

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Orlando, FL) in July 2011.

Interview

An interview with a manager and supervisor. Pretty standard.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes negotiated, got a better offer.

Accounting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon in February 2009.

Interview

Phone screening,day one
    Manager Interview day 4
    Manager's Manager day 7
    Co-worker interview Day 8
    Offer

Interview Questions

• Tell me some ideas you have used on your last jobs.   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A
    My manager's manager did not know how to communicate and did not know he was even listening