BNY Mellon Accounting and Reporting Specialist I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BNY Mellon Accounting and Reporting Specialist I Interview Questions

Interviews at BNY Mellon

2.7

Accounting and Reporting Specialist I Interview

Interview

Interview process contained 3 rounds with different personnel. Explained the job requirements and expectations of the applicant. Started with a recruiter in HR, then upstairs with different teams. Employer was quick with offer and was flexible with new hire start times.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BNY Mellon

Accounting and Reporting Specialist I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BNY Mellon in November 2013.

Interview

Submitted resume (no cover letter) through their website. Got a call about two months later from an initial recruiter setting up the interview. Went in for the interview which lasted for about 90 minutes. On the itinerary (yes there was one) it said that the manager of the group would meet with me third and last so as I finished up with the second group I sat there like an idiot waiting for him. Obviously ten seconds later I realized that wasn't happening because the interviewers were holding the door for me. In any case, the interview was very formal and the two rounds were on the same day going through standard corporate questions on a sheet. There were about 20-30 questions altogether.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation where you failed.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, complete pressure to accept on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Everett, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Everett, MA) in November 2009.

Interview

Had a long sheet of generic/scripted questions. Asked me for alot of examples of past jobs and ducation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A. Was offered a salary and took it due to unemployment benefits coming to an end.

Anonymous Employee in Everett, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Everett, MA).

Interview

I interviewed beginning of June of 2007. There were 2 rounds of interviews on the same day. First interview began with HR manager that lasted for about 30 minutes. She talked mostly about the company/department and asked a couple of simple behavioral questions. She than brought me upstairs to the next round of interviews where I met with the supervisor and manager i would be working with. They were really nice and the interview was more like a good conversation. A couple of usual behavior questions where asked. The interview probably lasted about 45 mins.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a commitment and did not deliver on it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

not much of a negotiation

Accounting and Reporting Specialist I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BNY Mellon in November 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with a manager and supervisor. The interview was very relaxed and comfortable. Pretty straight forward easy interview. Did not ask any technical questions, all behavioral. Wanted to ensure that I would be a "team player."

Interview Questions

• What are some of your strengths and weaknesses?

Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Everett, MA).

Interview

Phone screen first. Then someone calls to tell you a little more about the position and helps schedule the interview. On the day of the interview, meet with HR for about 15 minutes and then meet with several (2-3) supervisors/managers all at once. They have a list of questions they ask everyone that wants to work for BNY Mellon.

Interview Questions

• Q: How good are you with Microsoft Office?
      Q: Name a time when you had something extensive to read and had to make an urgent decision.
      Q: Name a time when you had to do something mundane and how you motivated yourself to complete it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Pittsburgh, PA) in July 2012.

Interview

Brief 1 on 1 to determine strengths and weaknesses. Went over the daily duties and determined if the odd work hours were an issue. Asked if I was proficient on Microsoft word and excel.

Accounting and Reporting Specialist I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BNY Mellon in June 2015.

Interview

It was a behavioral interview. I was asked to describe certain scenarios where I have demonstrated the skills needed for the job. It was 2 on 1, I met with the manager and a supervisor. Overall, the questions were simple to answer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Everett, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

Process didn't take that long. Got a call from a phone screener telling me all about the job and my previous employers and what my role was with them. Then the HR called me from the actual location to set up an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you and a co worker had a disagreement and how was it resolved ?   Answer Question

Accounting and Reporting Specialist I Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BNY Mellon in February 2011.

Interview

Very informative. Asked a lot of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you voiced an opinion and had to persuade others to agree.   Answer Question
    • What do you know about funds and securities?   Answer Question