BNY Mellon Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BNY Mellon Analyst Interview Questions

Updated May 7, 2017

Analyst Interview

Interview

Phone interview followed by day of on-site meetings. Team members asked pointed questions regarding the industry of focus. Emphasis on fit and team construct. Met with nearly every team member.

Interview Questions

• Please send over a cover letter detailing your interest in the position.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BNY Mellon

Anonymous Employee in Everett, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Everett, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview with panel of 6. One at a time for over 4hrs. Very long process with multiple levels of phone interview then in person then test and interview again. Be prepare for the long process. Question not tough if you prepare its just they try to intimidate with group panel it's overwhelming.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions ask. Give me a example how you manage a offshore work and track it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online recruiter contacted me within few days. Interviewed with them and met two people for an hour each .

Received a call from HR saying they want to hire you and no second round was needed. Entire process took a week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      What do you bring to the table?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview Mistakes: It's easy to get sidetracked by a variety of factors during the interviewing process. Discover the largest pitfalls for interviewers and how to avoid them.
    Panel Interviews: Read about the most effective methods for carrying out panel interviews and when you might want to use them as part of your interviewing process.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

I heard of the job through a mentor and was one of just two or three candidates for a contract position. I had two in-person interviews, each about an hour, with both the immediate supervisor and that person's manager. They asked me to bring a portfolio to the first interview, but didn't have time to review it. For the second interview, they asked me to prepare some materials.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my project management experience and my ability to be persuasive with SMEs we depend on for information.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

Good interview asked about my résumé. Asked how I handled situations. In real past. Real relaxed describing the job. They did a good job communicating what to expect with day to day tasks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None first job took what I could get

Anonymous Employee in Nyack, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Nyack, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

quick and easy not a lot of paperwork straight forward questions friendly people easy to find the location open to questions thorough feedback provided no need to come back multiple times all done in one day great parking nice building

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

one phone interview, one final on site, the phone interview is easy, mainly ask my understanding of the company and the products. After the phone interview, the recruiter schedule 3 final rounds interviews for me with different department. I interviewed with 2 MD and 1 VP, not hard if you prepared well.

Interview Questions

• how to communicate with your customer if they ask tough requires?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in March 2010.

Interview

I interviewed via a referral. I had previously applied but was rejected but they told me to try again later. I did. The interview process what not tough at all. 2 or 3 interviews lined up within one hr. felt rushed.

Interview Questions

• the questions were not that difficult. pretty standard. i think they wanted to make sure it was my resume and nothing was exaggerated.   1 Answer

Negotiation

no wiggle room. i think

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Pune (India)).

Interview

Very easy financial questions, after background check interviewee is sent to the manager and they check some basic knowledge, mainly they want mediumly talented people with higher stability in the company.