BNY Mellon Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

Updated May 3, 2017

2.5

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Boston, MA).

Interview

Had an interview at my school. Asked standard questions, but some finance related ones and job experience. Some group related questions. One of the hard ones was how weather affected finance and the stock market.

Performance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Boston, MA) in December 2015.

Interview

Phone screening. Then went to office about a week later. Interviewed with 5 different people within an hour or so. The first 3 people were performance analysts, and then I met with the assistant portfolio manager and the senior portfolio manager. All of them were very nice.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavior questions. More of just conversations about resumes and experiences. Nothing about strengths weakness etc...   1 Answer

Relationship Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Boston, MA) in September 2015.

Interview

2 in person rounds, met with 6 people in total, received offer about a week after final interview. Questions were nothing out of the ordinary, just do research on company and office you are interviewing in.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?, strengths/weaknesses, role in a team   Answer Question

Accounting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Boston, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

talked about 1 hour and manager is very nice, we went though my resume and talk a little bit more about my previous work experience.after one day, I received the offer and go to work after half month

Financial Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Boston, MA).

Interview

The process begins when you get a call from HR, they pretty much just told me where the real interview was; no phone interview. The interview itself was relatively simple with questions like: Tell me about yourself? What do you wish to gain from this internship? What are your greatest strengths and weaknesses? Easy questions like that. Overall, the whole interview was pretty relaxed and laid back, and was over in roughly 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• There really were not any difficult or unexpected questions that were difficult to answer.   Answer Question

Investment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Boston, MA).

Interview

The interview process was fairly bland - don't expect many if any curveballs or technical questions. The process was centered towards one on one interviews with a focus on finding the right personality fit. I got the impression that BNY Mellon makes the assumption that you can handle the quantitative side of the job based on your resume. Thus, what they are looking for is people with drive and ambition who can provide value above and beyond their job description.

Interview Questions

• There were no technical or business case style questions. It is important to be yourself and try to make a personal connection to your interviewers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not allowed to negotiate at this level. At more senior levels I have heard there is room for negotiation.

Accounting and Reporting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Boston, MA) in May 2013.

Interview

Got an in-person interview invitation via phone, had an interview with Human Resource and two interviews with two other teams. Approximately 45 minutes each with mostly behavioral questions and skills with Excel. The people were professional and the process was very organized.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time that you had to make a split second decision and how did it result?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation

Reg Administrative Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Boston, MA) in February 2013.

Interview

I went for an in person interview with BNY Mellon, Boston office.
    While I was gracious for the opportunity to interview. I was surprised in how unprofessional the department managers were. First off, the HR did not give me the security clearance to get to my interview early, let alone on time. I stood there for 30 minutes waiting. And after that I sat in the waiting room for even longer. Though the managers were getting ready to see me. I felt that it could have been more professional. Once they were ready, I was notified that one of the managers were not even in the office. And at this point she was running 30 minutes late.

This was an absolute turn off for an employer.

Shareholder Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Boston, MA) in January 2013.

Interview

Phone and 1 on 1. Very easy. I applied online and a recruiter contacted me. Phone interview and setup a 1 on 1 with the employer. Once you have the 1 on 1 just answer tell us about our company and bingo the job is yours.

Senior Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Boston, MA) in December 2012.

Interview

I met with 5 people. The interview felt laid back as they really tried to get a feel for who you are. Obviously they got to the questions that test whether or not you have the experience necessary for the role. But it did not feel like I was being tested. You can tell they realize how important personality is and the ability to clique with the group. Certainly not overwhelming for an interview involving so many people.

Interview Questions

• How would you friends describe you?
      How can your past experience correlate to this role?
      1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate anything as I was please with what they offered. (they gave me more than my prior employer)