BNY Mellon Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 27, 2017

2.6

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Pittsburgh, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

Hiring can take several months, and you usually have 2 interviews, but hear back quickly after the second one. It includes a phone screen and in person or video interview. There is usually a group interview or an interview with at least 3 people for the second round.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at this company? What do you know about this department? Describe your successes and failures.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BNY Mellon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online to a Business Analyst position at BNY Mellon in New York City. About a month after applying I received an email to setup an in-person interview. I was interviewed by two people - a manager along with senior Business Analyst.

The interview itself was fine - typical questions were asked regarding my experience as well as expected situational type questions. I thought that the interview went pretty well. I sent thank you note emails to my two interviewers the day after my interview. After the interview I also had to fill out and email back a consent form to the BNY Mellon's recruiter, which I did. The email response I got back from that listed a woman's name and contact telephone number saying, "please feel free to contact her at anytime for a status update on this position."

A couple weeks went by since my interview with no updates so I called the woman as instructed; no one answered so I left a voicemail requesting a status update. I heard nothing back still after another two weeks so I again called, got no answer, and left a voicemail requesting a status update. Then, as a last attempt, six weeks after my interview I still heard nothing back so I called the employee, got no answer, and left a voicemail requesting a status update. I never heard anything back so I concluded that I was no longer in the running for the job.

I find it extremely unprofessional and downright rude to not hear anything back at all - especially after inquiring - from an in-person interview. I live 3 hours away from New York City and I had to use a vacation day to come down for the interview and also had to pay for a train ticket to and from NYC - which is not exactly cheap. The least that BNY Mellon could and should have done was send me an email letting me know that I did not get the job - or respond to one of my multiple voicemails asking for a status update.

This is why I found my interview process at BNY Mellon to be a very negative experience; because of the lack of response in general and for the lack of response to my inquiries after an in-person interview. In the end I am glad I heard nothing back and did not get this job. If a company cares this little about the job candidates they interview I can only imagine the same little amount of care would be shown to their employees.

Interview Questions

• What would your manager say some of your greatest strengths and weaknesses are?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

Interviewing process was horrible. I had a phone interview with 2 managers and then was called in for an in person interview with 3 people. A week after interview I received a phone call from HR asking my interest level and to verify my salary requirements along with telling me I received positive feedback and that management was just deciding were area to place everyone. A week and half after that HR called again that they wanted me to come back in and meet with 2 different managers. 3 days after that interview HR called to tell me that they would not be offering me the job because I did not have enough experience. Why bring someone in for multiple interviews when they do not have enough experience?

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Dallas, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

I got contacted by a recruiter and did the skill tests of Excel and Access first. They sent the link through an email. Both were quite basic.The process was quite standard and casual. Just let you talk about your background, experience, skills, and asked several pretty basic questions of Excel, like how to apply Vlookup. It is a quite entry level position actually, so don't bother to make yourself looked that technical.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

Interview process was smooth. Basic questions, and not overly involved and lengthy. Only one hiring manager was involved. No repetitive questions. Environment was not intimidating, however was really inviting. There was a question period. and they were answered to the best of the managers ability.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

I was asked mainly about my previous experience on project management, client-facing work environment. It was very centered to Job Description. The hiring manager was more interested to feel your personality. Another later coworker asked questions more specific about hard skills, such as how good your Excel is, what kind of clients/industry my previous experience engaged, what kind of team I expect to work on.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BNY Mellon in January 2013.

Interview

questions about past work experience

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2012.

Interview

Interview process was different than the normal process as I spoke directly with the hiring director. First phone interview was with the hiring director followed by another interview with two managers under the director. I was called a few days later with an offer which I countered. They accepted my counter offer without issue.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Pittsburgh, PA) in July 2011.

Interview

Phone Interview
    In-person interview

Office seemed very rigid, change does not seem to be something that flourishes there. I had three different individuals interview me over 1.5 hours.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Pune (India)).

Interview

It was a pool campus process.
    there was a written test and then an interview.
    the written test could only be cracked if your basics in finance and accounting were good.
    it was an MCQ, very lengthy so prepare before hand.

the experience was good but grueling.
    they were also paying very less for the position they demanded (night shifts) and we had heard that they don't give much of pay hikes.