BNY Mellon Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BNY Mellon Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at BNY Mellon

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (King of Prussia, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

When I had the interview, everything went well. I talked about my extensive customer service experience, gave great examples of providing a good CS experience, and was very personable with the interviewers. At the end of the interview, I was told that my resume looked great and they said that they don't see a reason why I wouldn't get the position.

Despite the great interview, I get a call a week later from my recruiter who told me that I didn't get the job because I did not have "enough" experience in Customer Service. I guess almost 7 years of Customer Service is not "enough". The bigger deciding factor was that I "acted nervous". I did not act nervous and they never made a mention of that to me.

Even if I had acted nervous, it should not be a reason not to hire someone. I have an anxiety disability and this was flat out discrimination done by the company. They violated the ADA and have been in talks with a lawyer to pursue a case against them.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BNY Mellon

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (King of Prussia, PA) in December 2013.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy. It is done through a staffing agency, who will ask you a few basic questions. Then, the interview with the hiring manager is very straight forward. He will explain the position in detail and ask if you can handle the position. Then, he will allow you to ask questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The pay is set at $14 per hour.

Anonymous Employee in Cypress, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Cypress, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

I had to go through a temp agency and an interview, drug test, backround check. Then once I got hired through the company I went through it again.

Interview Questions

• There were a few, I cant remember, but if you stay genuine you should be fine   Answer Question

Negotiation

Im not good at negotiating so I just took what i got. Which was more than I had ever been offered

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

A lot of behavior based questions. Some are expected as with any interview, but theirs is an overkill.
    You must sign in with security desk before being escorted to HR. During the interview, be candid open and honest about your experience and expectations; always is best policy. The interview itself will be pretty brief.

Interview Questions

• Any behavioral question is unexpected. You can't really prepare for those. My advice is to just be yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Minimal

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

The interview process was swift and gentile. The initial interview was a phone interview, which went well. Basic questions about yourself and the experience related to the job title. The next interview went smooth. The hiring manager was welcoming and interested in what I had to say. The overall experience was enjoyable.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, they told you what you would be offered and gave you 24 hours to decide.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BNY Mellon in March 2013.

Interview

It was quite straight forward, the interview was presented in mandarin and english. one round interview. Lasted for an hour. Mainly focus on CV. The team manager and associate interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• how would I tackle difficult customers   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2014.

Interview

This was an interview 1 year back. Polite and Pleasant. 2 interviewers from the client servicing department and 1 from the HR. Last 30 minutes. No real stumbling questions. The interviewers also explained the system of the company.