BNY Mellon Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Financial Analyst

BNY Mellon Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at BNY Mellon

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2012.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter and set up for initial interview with hiring manager. Interview was quick, maybe 20 minutes. Second interview set up and met with another manager in the division. Recruiter followed up less than a week later with offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Recruiter not willing to negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for BNY Mellon

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in November 2009.

Interview

Interview arranged by my head hunter. First met with hiring manager who asked questions to see if I was a good personality fit. Then met with supervisor to asked more technical questions to see if I had the right skill set. Invited for a second round to meet with managing directors. The purpose was for them to see if I was the kind of person who would be able to contribute to the overall success of the firm. They weren't interested in my entire resume/background just certain parts. My suggestion is that when you meet with BONY for an interview, only elaborate on relevant parts of your resume.

Interview Questions

• How did you acquire your skill set?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, they knew what they wanted to pay. (No more-no less)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

Simple 1 on 1 with a manager. Basic questions about background and experience. Nothing too much about knowledge of specific concepts or formulas. Very standard corporate assessment. Not very exciting

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

Very short and sweet. To the point. They did not deviate too much from script and it was not a tense environment. There were three managers interviewing at once and it appeared they were all 'feeling' me out to see which team I would fit in with.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where your initial plan did not work out as intended and how you responded.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon in October 2017.

Interview

First round was brief and laid back. Mostly asked about yourself and why you were interested in the firm. Very comfortable and relaxing environment. Took about a half an hour to 45 minutes for the first round of interviews

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you have been in a leadership position on a team and how did you handle this situation?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BNY Mellon in December 2016.

Interview

I had a short phone call with HR as the first step in the process which went well. It was only about ten minutes at most. The next week I was contacted about an in person interview with the hiring manager and two team members.

I chose to interview at 11:00am and was told it would be about an hour. I also was told the hiring manager wanted me to prepare a PowerPoint presentation on myself.

I received a reminder from HR a few days before my interview which I thought was nice. I showed up at the BNY Mellon building at about ten till 11:00 to go through security. They called upstairs to the hiring manager for confirmation but did not get an answer. They proceeded to call each of the other people I would be interviewing with, again with no answer.

Finally, after waiting for about ten minutes or so, one of the team members called back. The security officer told me that she was told my interview was at 1:00, not 11:00. I told her I had a confirmation email that showed it at 11:00. She apologized profusely for the mix up and I thanked her but told her it wasn't her fault at all. She then printed me up an identification badge and I went up to the appropriate floor.

I was greeted by one team member at about 11:10. She escorted me to a conference room and we both had a seat. She said she had an important conference call at 11:30, so we would have to cut the interview short. She asked me to go over my background and as I was finishing up, the hiring manager walked in.

The first thing she mentioned was again how important the upcoming call was and that things needed to wrap up by 11:30. They proceeded to ask a few standard job interview questions and then they thanked me for coming and told me they had to go.

I didn't receive one apology from them for their mix up. Since there was such a time crunch I didn't even do my presentation.

I've had about twenty in person interviews so far in my career, and this was without a doubt the most unprofessional and poorly run I've ever encountered.

I wasted three hours the day of the interview between practicing my presentation and commuting downtown and back. Not to mention $9 in parking. I also wasted two to three hours the week prior between creating the presentation and practicing it.

I did however, gain valuable insight into how BNY Mellon operates, specifically this department and I will certainly be staying away from them in the future.

I told my brother about this interview, as he is in a similar field as me. He told me that he had interviewed with them about two years ago and had an equally terrible interview experience. In his case, the hiring manager wasn't even in the office the day he scheduled my brother for an interview. So instead of apologizing and rescheduling the interview, they had him interview with a summer intern who had just started the week prior.

This company does not seem to care much about prospective employees and unfortunately, they probably don't have to since they are a large, well known corporation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   2 Answers
    • What kind of programs do you use?   1 Answer
    • What projects are you involved in and how do you ensure success?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Pune (India)) in June 2012.

Interview

its quit good and have good communication with all interview

Interview Questions

• last interview fill that my communication is not good where all other convince   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Pune (India)) in November 2010.

Interview

Written Aptitude Test, HR and Ops Manager

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

I send my CV to a friend and I was contacted by a member of the investment team for an analyst position and we had a Telephone interview which lasted about 20 minutes

Interview Questions

• Career goals
      How i see my self in 5 years?
      If i had 1000000 eurw where I would invest   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

I submitted online the job application. I have been called at the interview a month later. The interview was mainly competency based and related to past experiences transferable skills. Be prepared to motivate your career choice and path.