BNY Mellon Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BNY Mellon Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jan 18, 2017

3.3

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BNY Mellon in December 2016.

Interview

I had a short phone call with HR as the first step in the process which went well. It was only about ten minutes at most. The next week I was contacted about an in person interview with the hiring manager and two team members.

I chose to interview at 11:00am and was told it would be about an hour. I also was told the hiring manager wanted me to prepare a PowerPoint presentation on myself.

I received a reminder from HR a few days before my interview which I thought was nice. I showed up at the BNY Mellon building at about ten till 11:00 to go through security. They called upstairs to the hiring manager for confirmation but did not get an answer. They proceeded to call each of the other people I would be interviewing with, again with no answer.

Finally, after waiting for about ten minutes or so, one of the team members called back. The security officer told me that she was told my interview was at 1:00, not 11:00. I told her I had a confirmation email that showed it at 11:00. She apologized profusely for the mix up and I thanked her but told her it wasn't her fault at all. She then printed me up an identification badge and I went up to the appropriate floor.

I was greeted by one team member at about 11:10. She escorted me to a conference room and we both had a seat. She said she had an important conference call at 11:30, so we would have to cut the interview short. She asked me to go over my background and as I was finishing up, the hiring manager walked in.

The first thing she mentioned was again how important the upcoming call was and that things needed to wrap up by 11:30. They proceeded to ask a few standard job interview questions and then they thanked me for coming and told me they had to go.

I didn't receive one apology from them for their mix up. Since there was such a time crunch I didn't even do my presentation.

I've had about twenty in person interviews so far in my career, and this was without a doubt the most unprofessional and poorly run I've ever encountered.

I wasted three hours the day of the interview between practicing my presentation and commuting downtown and back. Not to mention $9 in parking. I also wasted two to three hours the week prior between creating the presentation and practicing it.

I did however, gain valuable insight into how BNY Mellon operates, specifically this department and I will certainly be staying away from them in the future.

I told my brother about this interview, as he is in a similar field as me. He told me that he had interviewed with them about two years ago and had an equally terrible interview experience. In his case, the hiring manager wasn't even in the office the day he scheduled my brother for an interview. So instead of apologizing and rescheduling the interview, they had him interview with a summer intern who had just started the week prior.

This company does not seem to care much about prospective employees and unfortunately, they probably don't have to since they are a large, well known corporation.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BNY Mellon

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

I send my CV to a friend and I was contacted by a member of the investment team for an analyst position and we had a Telephone interview which lasted about 20 minutes

Interview Questions

• Career goals
      How i see my self in 5 years?
      If i had 1000000 eurw where I would invest
      Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Pune (India)) in June 2012.

Interview

its quit good and have good communication with all interview

Interview Questions

• last interview fill that my communication is not good where all other convince   1 Answer