BNY Mellon Fund Accountant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BNY Mellon Fund Accountant Interview Questions

Updated Jan 21, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (King of Prussia, PA) in July 2016.

Interview

Met with the manager who was a real laid by and nice guy. Pretty much every question was a behavioral question to see if I was a good fit for the team.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BNY Mellon

Fund Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

Stand HR phone screening then a few weeks later an in person interview with three hiring managers with open postions on their teams, follow up phone call from HR with an offer, had to get a drug test within a week and had my references contacted by hr, pretty mch standard process not too hard

Fund Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

Applied online, then received a call from HR in two weeks for setting an interview. notified the decision in 3 weeks after the interview. The interview was just basic conversations, such as introducing yourself and go through your resume,

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Seattle, WA) in July 2015.

Interview

A quick initial phone interview with HR. Followed by an hour long in-person interview with the hiring manager. The in-person interview consisted of approximately 40 questions, and varied between technical and behavioral questions. It was difficult to make dialogue with the interviewers because they were reading the questions like a list, which made the interview less fluid / natural. Overall it was a good experience, though.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience. What do you know about securities and alternative investment products?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Lake Mary, FL).

Interview

Submitted an application online. I was called and went in for an interview. Interviewed with a couple managers and got very basic questions. I was offered the position and accepted. Nothing as complicated as I would have expected from such a big bank. I believe that confidence played a big role in getting the offer.

Interview Questions

• Was asked about experience related to the position.   1 Answer

Fund Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

Very welcoming . Met with 3 managers followed by the VP of the department. All very friendly. Asked basic background questions and very thoroughly about my resume, such as what you did and how it would help you in this role. Overall not very a difficult interview. Just come prepared knowing you resume in and out.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you went beyond expectations?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview lasted about an hour and I met with three different people. The questions were basic and the interview went fairly quickly. At first I met with two people together and after that I met with a third person alone. The interview process was good overall and went quicker than expected.

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

I had a personal connection with one of the MDs who forwarded my credentials around. I filled out an application via the online portal and was contacted within a week to set up an interview. The interview was in Brooklyn by the VPs of several account teams. It lasts about an hour and a half and I completed 3-4 interviews in the day. I was called with an offer a few weeks later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations on an entry level position

Fund Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon in February 2015.

Interview

Pretty straight forward. Simple questions. Ask a little about you and your strengths and what you know about the position. Just know your job responsibilities and do your homework. Be sure to know what NAV is because that is a fundamental part of the job. They are more interested in finding someone that can learn new info and be able to retain that info than your work experience so be trainable and have an open mind. Overall an easy interview if you show your prepared and interested in learning more about the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      What are your stengths/weaknesses?
      What do you know about bonds?
      What is a mutual fund?
      What is NAV? How is it calculated?
      Answer Question

Fund Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

Interview process took extremely long. Applied to the position through the career website and got an interview a month later. Interview went extremely well (5 different people). I got offered the position a month after the interview took place. They took too long to offer me the position, by the time they did I had already accepted a position elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• What are your long term goals?
      What do you know about the position?
      Answer Question