BNY Mellon Fund Accountant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BNY Mellon Fund Accountant Interview Questions

2.6

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (King of Prussia, PA) in July 2016.

Interview

Met with the manager who was a real laid by and nice guy. Pretty much every question was a behavioral question to see if I was a good fit for the team.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BNY Mellon

Fund Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

Very welcoming . Met with 3 managers followed by the VP of the department. All very friendly. Asked basic background questions and very thoroughly about my resume, such as what you did and how it would help you in this role. Overall not very a difficult interview. Just come prepared knowing you resume in and out.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you went beyond expectations?   Answer Question

Fund Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

I applied online. A recruiter got back to me a few days later. We scheduled an interview at the Brooklyn, NY back office. This took place in a span of two weeks. The questions were easy and a team of people will interview you. I had 4 people back to back interview me - some engaging, some not. Fund Accounting is a back office job, so don't confuse this for Wolf of Wall St or anything remotely close to that.

Interview Questions

• Easy questions.

Tell us about yourself.
      Why do you want to be a Fund Accountant?
      What makes you a good candidate?
      How comfortable are you with MS Suite?
      Why BNY Mellon?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Wilmington, DE).

Interview

I was contacted to come in for an interview by someone with HR. After my first interview, which was pretty basic and took about 2 hours, i heard nothing from them for over a month. I was called in for a second interview about 5 weeks after the first interview. I thought the interview went well. They asked me about my salary expectations, even asking me if i would accept a certain salary. After 3 more weeks without hearing from them, i contacted HR. After that i received an automated message saying i would not be offered the job.

Interview Questions

• No questions that were that difficult. There were some questions about my favorite projects in school. A lot more talking about extra-curricular activities than i was expecting. Most questions were related to my background.   Answer Question

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

Faced a panel. Interview process was easy.

Fund Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

First stage is sending application, then they contact you and set up a phone call , it lasts 30 min and is mainly in english, it is like pre-interview, after a few days they call you and settle a meeting, you are interviewed by two persons (in english) - one is the Manager from the Department to which you applied

Interview Questions

• Many questions like what would you do if... e.g. one of employees made a lot of mistakes,
      Also technical,   Answer Question