BNY Mellon Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 20, 2017

2.6

31 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

One phone interview (I believe local candidates did this in person) with all 6 relevant members of the team. Each interview was 30 minutes and included behavioral questions and brief technical finance questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BNY Mellon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY).

Interview

Very straightforward. I applied and within a few weeks i was contacted by someone in their recruiting department. Everyone was very friendly, and it seemed like a very good place to work.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      What are your future career goals?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Austin, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

A behavioral interview at a career fair. I was emailed after submitting my resume to the career fair's database. The recruiter asked me to schedule an interview on site and I was given the link to a hackerrank question.

Interview Questions

• What was one experience in school or professionally where you made a mistake and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at BNY Mellon in March 2016.

Interview

I submitted a resume online through my school and a contact I knew at the company and was then contacted by a hiring manager in Pittsburgh. This manager performed an initial phone screen. I then was interviewed over the phone by a manager at the site I would be working at. The entire process took roughly a week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied on campus career fair. Received an email for a phone interview. After the phone interview was an on-site behavioral and technical interview. Hackerrank questions were sent afterwards and were available for 48 hours. Once you start the questions, you have one hour to finish as much as you can.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

Had two rounds of interviews.One on campus interview which was mostly behavioral questions. The second round was a mix of technical and behavioral question with executive employees. Did not hear back after the last round so naturally assumed that I did not get offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

It was Amazing. I had applied for Internal Audit intern. The location is really nice. My interview lasted for 45mins. The vice president of the department took my interview. Questions started building up according to my resume. Then he discussed various skill set required for the position.

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Newark, DE) in March 2015.

Interview

Submitted an application then had an interview on campus with the manager I would be working with. From there I went on to a phone interview with two managers who asked me a round of various questions.

Interview Questions

• What was somethign you learned at your last internship?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Had one 30 minute phone interview with two managers. Very straightforward for the most part. Asked about aspects of my resume and wanted to see if I understood the basics of their division.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

First a 30 minute interview, then a two hour interview. Basic behavioral questions for the 30 minute interview. More in depth behavioral questions for the next interview. The two hours was 1 hour for technical and one for behavioral. Technical questions were about basic coding knowledge and certain terms regarding big topics in coding.

Interview Questions

• What is the problem with the following c++ code.
      describe encapsulation and other words.
      how would you design your friend's kitchen.   Answer Question