BNY Mellon Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BNY Mellon Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at BNY Mellon

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

Had two rounds of interviews.One on campus interview which was mostly behavioral questions. The second round was a mix of technical and behavioral question with executive employees. Did not hear back after the last round so naturally assumed that I did not get offer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BNY Mellon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY).

Interview

Very straightforward. I applied and within a few weeks i was contacted by someone in their recruiting department. Everyone was very friendly, and it seemed like a very good place to work.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      What are your future career goals?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

One phone interview (I believe local candidates did this in person) with all 6 relevant members of the team. Each interview was 30 minutes and included behavioral questions and brief technical finance questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the different between maturity and duration?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BNY Mellon in January 2017.

Interview

Waited about 2 months after applying before getting a phone interview. Asked standard interview questions; name a time..., strengths and weaknesses, why BNY. Did not receive a second round interview.

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Tacoma, WA) in March 2008.

Interview

Not too difficult

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2010.

Interview

2 phone interviews for the internship...not too demanding at all. About 5 minutes of "tell me about yourself," 15 minutes of "here's what we do," and 10 minutes for questions. Sort of weird because it seemed pretty easy to get, yet I applied to a bunch (30+) of different positions on their site and this was the first (and only) one I made it further than the application stage on.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in February 2010.

Interview

Interview was mostly behavioral. FIrst round completely not technical, second round was with 2 different panels and mostly behavioral, but a little technical (depending on desired position). Questions regarding team work, challenges, solutions, etc.

Interview Questions

• what are 3 words used by your best friend, your professor, and your previous employer to describe you. Don't repeat any words.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Boston, MA) in May 2010.

Interview

Submitted my resume online, heard back from general HR a few weeks later. Pass the initial phone interview and was invited to office for second round. Spoke to the hiring manager and was offered the position a few weeks later. Accepted the offer on the spot. Positive experience overall.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in February 2010.

Interview

Basic questions on the phone nothing too challenging. Interview process in the office consisted of 1 HR interview followed by interviewing with the two bosses that I would be working with. Process went smoothly and was all very conversational in nature. Got the offer in the end and acceded it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Tacoma, WA) in April 2011.

Interview

Applied online, was then called two days later for an interview in three days. The interview was with two managers, standard open process: "name a time when you underperformed, when you have influenced someone." They didn't contact me for a month and a half and then offered me the job.

Interview Questions

I had other options lined up between the interview and the offer.