BNY Mellon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BNY Mellon Interview Questions

Updated Dec 8, 2017

2.6

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

1 in person interview that lasted about 30 minutes. The questions were straightforward and easy to understand. 1 in person interview that lasted about 30 minutes. The questions were straightforward and easy to understand. 1 in person interview that lasted about 30 minutes. The questions were straightforward and easy to understand.

Staff Accountant Interview

Interview

Laid back not very intimidating for a kid right out of college. Dress professional even though the office is business casual you should wear a full suit or nice dress.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself and how you would make an instant impact on our team.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

First was a phone interview, then an in person interview with a (or multiple) hiring manager(s). There was about a month in between interviews. This was for the Campus Initiative program

Interview Questions

• What is a team project that you've worked on in school.   Answer Question

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

I got a message from a 20-something year old who did a phone interview. A bit of telephone tag over a week or so because he does not answer his phone. It only accepts messages and outbound calls. We scheduled an interview with 3 people who interviewed me, one after the other. The most senior had a tablet - looked like she was checking boxes bc she wasn't typing. The next one, a tax attorney, didn't have anything with her. The third and most junior, tax technical person, only had a copy of my resume. He asked typical questions. I didn't always understand him. For instance, when he referred to "the resource," he meant me/a human. In my mind (outside of spy novels), a resource is reference material. Otherwise, the interview was fine. They promised to make a decision right away. I have not heard from anyone. I called the recruiter who interviewed me and emailed him. I also left a message for one person on the team. No one had the courtesy to respond. I called a different HR person who called me a few hours before the interview asking if I could come earlier "to accomodate my schedule." The first interviewer told me that she had a family emergency. So this had nothing to do with my schedule. Anyway, he hung up on me because he doesn't deal with candidates. I called back. He said "he cannot talk to me." I have no idea why people don't just say I wasn't selected. I figured that out already. They told me they will make their decision before Thanksgiving and it's already a week and a half after Thanksgiving. Common Courtesy is a dead art. The first lady was more concerned about telling me about all the powerful people in my organization that she knows. I checked with the people she name-dropped. They either don't know her, or barely know her. Lying does not look good!!! In summary, the actual interviews were professional. Looking back at it, they outright lied 4 times: 1 - reason for wanting me to come in early, the guy doesn't deal with candidates, knowing the people they name-dropped, giving me an answer bf Thanksgiving.
    Being the one between a family emergency and Thanksgiving, I understand that they want someone else. I don't understand unprofessionalism. That is unacceptable. For me, being a professional means putting myself in the other person's shoes.

Interview Questions

• The first lady asked how I would handle someone with a bad attitude. I should say that she had a family emergency. Her head was not in the interview. The guy asked what decisions I made - he did not understand my answer. Tell me about yourself. Basic boring questions.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Villanova, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Villanova, PA).

Interview

It went through my college. The first round happened on campus, and consisted of four general questions. It was one-on-one with an employee who attended my college. It was not very hard, and it only took thirty minutes.

Technology Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Palo Alto, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter prior to the Grace Hopper Conference and had my first interview there. It was a 15 minute behavioral interview. Shortly after the conference I received an invitation to complete a coding challenge. The challenge was 90 minutes in length and fairly difficult. I week or so later I was invited for an onsite interview.

The onsite interview at the Silicon Valley Innovation Center comprised of breakfast, a couple speakers that spoke to the group of us interviewing (about 9), two 45 minute interviews (behavioral and technical), and lunch. The technical interview was a bit awkward as it was done on Hacker Rank while sitting a couple feet away from the interviewer who told me I didn't need to explain what I was doing and just to code. Overall I liked the welcoming environment at the innovation center and how personal the whole process was.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to draw out a project I am working on and what I could do to expand on it.   Answer Question

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY).

Interview

I was invited for interview for a contract role via recruting agency. As I was told the role supposed to be for 6+ months in Jersey City, NJ, but during interview with hiring manager(who for some reason was project manager) I found out something different- the role is for one assignment only and location is NYC. During interview I got a feeling that manager simply trying to get more information about how to solve the issue that contractor was supposed to be doing, but from someone else. Although interview went well, next day recruiter told me that location for the role all of a sudden changed and moved to Pennsylvania, which I understandably couldnt accept.
    It was very unpleasant to figure out that I was simply someone who was taken advantage on and such well known company allow such dishonest things to happened.

Summer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

It was a multi round interview process. The 1st round had behavioral questions over the phone. The 2nd round was with a specific department. The interviewer was really nice and knowledgeable.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you took initiative to complete a difficult task.   Answer Question

Interview

First behavioral interview, then case interview. Guy was really nice, easy to talk to and straight forward. Waited 2 weeks to hear back for second round, and total process took about a month.

Representative, Client Processing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Orlando, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

Two part process. Phone call from recruiter to go over qualifications and interests. Than in person interview with hiring manager. General interview process with the usual interview questions. Strengths, weaknesses, work history, etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me your long term goals. Why do you want to work at BNY Mellon?   Answer Question