BNY Mellon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,298 Interview Reviews

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Phone interview- Half an hour
    More questions on Excel, Microsoft access, Be prepare with job description, How did you deal with difficult stakeholders, How did you use Jira tool, walk me through a resume

Interview Questions

• Before doing any data analysis, what aspects of data you would look to?   2 Answers
    • How to improve data quality?   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Interview

you had to apply, then you had to have a Skype interview, and then they called to review and tell you if you were hired or not. I'm only filling this out to get research for a project.

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in March 2020.

Interview

There was a Hacker rank test and a technical round. Questions were asked about technologies and projects worked on. Hacker rank was leet code easy. There were about 4 questions.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy. I went through the introduction phase which was essentially an introduction. I am now awaiting the phone interview process, hopefully getting all the way to the end.

Operations Campus Analyst Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Orlando, FL) in February 2020.

Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The first step was a phone call with a campus recruiter confirming interest and them explaining the role. The second, and final, step in the process was a 30-minute virtual interview with a manager in the group you were selected to interview with. It was a very laid-back interview, more so like a conversation.

I was asked five common behavioral interview questions and then was given time at the end to ask questions. I received an email the next day from my recruiter asking to set up a call to share feedback she received from the interview, and that was the offer.

My advice is to provide relevant stories about your experiences and to ask a lot of interesting, relevant questions that you are genuinely curious about.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

Applied online mid-October and received email from recruiter end of October asking to setup 2 phone interviews. Didn't actually speak to recruiter so had very little information other than job description posted. Had two 30-min phone interviews with senior managers 2.5 weeks later. Both were in different locations and gave me a high level overview of the departments they were in. Apparently, I found out that there wasn't a specific role they were trying to fill as they had immediate needs across many different departments and were trying to find the appropriate fit for each. Calls went well. Both individuals were easy to talk to. Two weeks later they requested to setup 3 video interviews. Again, folks in different offices and different departments. Very conversational based but personable. A few days later I get a call from the recruiter telling me that they will be making an offer and to expect it by the following day. Don't receive anything but get another phone call telling me that they now want to do another round of video interviews to make sure both parties are comfortable. I was told to expect to hear back on scheduling. Two weeks pass and I don't hear anything so sent a follow up email but receive no response at all.
    To have 2 phone interviews, 5 video interviews, be informed to expect and offer only to have that statement then retracted is odd. They seem very disconnected internally.
    As a potential candidate for employment, this process was long and tedious and required significant time to conduct the interviews on both sides. While that is completely understandable, there should at least be proper follow-up by the internal recruitment team as to the delay or change in direction, etc.

Interview Questions

• What do you consider to be your biggest strength? Weakness?
      Can you tell me a little bit about a project or deliverable that had less than favorable results and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Fund Accounting Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

I firstly introduced myself and told interviewer about my background including education and previous internships. It's important to have similar work experience to give them great impression about yourself.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2020.

Interview

Had a 10 minute phone screen with someone from HR and then had two 30 minute interview with managers in the Operations Dept from 2 different offices. Overall a pretty standard behavioral interview, maybe compared to some other interviews they ask a little more about whether or not you know what the company does but aside from that pretty standard questions. The entire process was through the phone, no on-site interviews.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

Very quick. Applied online and from call with recruiter to final interview to hearing back on an offer was a total of 2 weeks. Especially during the holiday season, they were very fast and was quick getting back to me about accomodations and questions

Interview Questions

• Walked through resume, typical questions asking to recall an experience where ...   Answer Question

MBA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in January 2020.

Interview

Applied through the school career website. It took two weeks to hear back from the company. The interviewers were friendly. There are two interviews in 1st round, each continues around 30 min. One is totally behavioral, and other one is semi case-based, similar to a consulting interview.