BNY Mellon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 27, 2017

2.6

Portfolio Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Menlo Park, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

A very standard interview. Interviewee went through my resume with me and asked some behavioral questions. Overall, it was a very friendly experience. They didn't ask any technical questions regarding portfolio such as beta and line of regression.

Analyst IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

The interview process went well, But they never get back to you. I would appreciate a professional courtesy email atleast saying that I was not selected for the position instead of leaving me hanging

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

The entire process consists of two rounds of Interview and then final round is in the Office with the entire team. First round is with HR and second with the hiring manager. Only behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through resume and talk about all your work experience/ internship experiences   Answer Question

Senior Database Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Cleveland, OH) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone interview. Directly jumped into asking questions, had no interest to know about my current or past project and exp. Asked to tell ACCURATE lengthy sql queries over phone. I believe in writing sql queries on editor rather than tell them over phone without errors. Not a professional way to interview for a sr role. Last dint even bother to ask if i had any questions. Waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Tell exact query to add all positive and negative numbers from a column in single sql statement.   1 Answer
    • Plsql performane tuning techs   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BNY Mellon in June 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position in March and received a phone call for an in person interview in July. The in person interview lasted about 30 minutes or so. Two days later a different recruiter called me and told me they would like to extend an offer to me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you messed up badly at work and how did you fix your mistake?   Answer Question

Investment Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Wilmington, DE) in June 2017.

Interview

I had an on-site interview with two people. It was relatively standard, asking about my background and then asked me questions that were geared towards my goals and what I expected to get out of working at BNY. Study the company and be good at behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Where do you want to be in 5 years?
      What do you expect to get out of this position?
      What are your strengths?
      Tell me about a time you had to follow specific directions.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Pittsburgh, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

Hiring can take several months, and you usually have 2 interviews, but hear back quickly after the second one. It includes a phone screen and in person or video interview. There is usually a group interview or an interview with at least 3 people for the second round.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at this company? What do you know about this department? Describe your successes and failures.   Answer Question

Tread Credit Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oriskany, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Oriskany, NY).

Interview

Hiring and interview process was very simple started from HR department and thereafter to specific department knowledge like Imort Department Export Department Reimbursement Department and misc. questions for foreign trade.

Interview Questions

• How long you are dealing in Trade Credit Business   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

Fairly easy interview process with two supervisors that I would be working with. I was shown around the facility after the interview and introduced to numerous other people that worked in the department as well as supervisors for other departments.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • A few questions were asked about how one would deal with certain scenarios and situations.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Boston, MA).

Interview

Had an interview at my school. Asked standard questions, but some finance related ones and job experience. Some group related questions. One of the hard ones was how weather affected finance and the stock market.