BNY Mellon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BNY Mellon Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2017

2.6

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

The entire process consists of two rounds of Interview and then final round is in the Office with the entire team. First round is with HR and second with the hiring manager. Only behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through resume and talk about all your work experience/ internship experiences   Answer Question

Analyst IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

The interview process went well, But they never get back to you. I would appreciate a professional courtesy email atleast saying that I was not selected for the position instead of leaving me hanging

Senior Database Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Cleveland, OH) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone interview. Directly jumped into asking questions, had no interest to know about my current or past project and exp. Asked to tell ACCURATE lengthy sql queries over phone. I believe in writing sql queries on editor rather than tell them over phone without errors. Not a professional way to interview for a sr role. Last dint even bother to ask if i had any questions. Waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Tell exact query to add all positive and negative numbers from a column in single sql statement.   1 Answer
    • Plsql performane tuning techs   1 Answer

Tread Credit Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oriskany, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Oriskany, NY).

Interview

Hiring and interview process was very simple started from HR department and thereafter to specific department knowledge like Imort Department Export Department Reimbursement Department and misc. questions for foreign trade.

Interview Questions

• How long you are dealing in Trade Credit Business   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

Fairly easy interview process with two supervisors that I would be working with. I was shown around the facility after the interview and introduced to numerous other people that worked in the department as well as supervisors for other departments.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • A few questions were asked about how one would deal with certain scenarios and situations.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Boston, MA).

Interview

Had an interview at my school. Asked standard questions, but some finance related ones and job experience. Some group related questions. One of the hard ones was how weather affected finance and the stock market.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

Interview

Got referred from a friend, about 30 minutes statistics questions, this was my first phone interview, I felt like I answered most of the question, but failed in a few, and in one of the questions asking why AIC and BIC are better than R square, at that time I was thought about adjusted R square, and no idea of which criterion better than the other, and I didn't want to waste time there, and answered "I don't know, I never think about that", later I got that he didn't like the answer "I never think about this", this is a failure experience, actually I really want to get this position

Interview Questions

• the first question is the assumption of linear regression   Answer Question

Risk Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview : Review job history and reasons why I was looking. Discussed behavioral issues to determine fit. Reviewed the job description and the needs of the unit. All standard stuff.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview to review my work experience and review the offered position. Interviewer was friendly and professional.   Answer Question

Associate Wealth Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Initial interview was with recruiter/screener for the wealth management group. 2nd interview was with the wealth team in the LA office.

Job description in general was vague, and left to WM team to explain role at the second interview. Scheduling was disorganized, with poor communications regarding 2nd interview and they only confirmed 3 weeks after initial interview the day before they said interview would be scheduled. Had been scheduled for a 3 hour interview with 7-8 people, but on arrival ended up meeting 4 for 1 hour. Assistant noted that I was not on their calendar.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Why does the position interest you? How do you feel your background would prepare you for the role? Why do you want to do wealth management?   Answer Question

Tax Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

Why recommended for another position through one of my professors. The interview was very laid back; however, I did not get the job. They called me two days later and said that the manager was interested in me for another position. Had the interview the following week. Again, very laid back. I interviewed with one manager in person and two on the phone. They mainly asked about my experience related to the job and my knowledge of several softwares.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question
    • What is your experience level with the Microsoft Applications?   Answer Question
    • How do you think any of your work experience could help with this position?   Answer Question