BNY Mellon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.6

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Got referred from a friend, about 30 minutes statistics questions, this was my first phone interview, I felt like I answered most of the question, but failed in a few, and in one of the questions asking why AIC and BIC are better than R square, at that time I was thought about adjusted R square, and no idea of which criterion better than the other, and I didn't want to waste time there, and answered "I don't know, I never think about that", later I got that he didn't like the answer "I never think about this", this is a failure experience, actually I really want to get this position

Interview Questions

• the first question is the assumption of linear regression   Answer Question

Risk Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview : Review job history and reasons why I was looking. Discussed behavioral issues to determine fit. Reviewed the job description and the needs of the unit. All standard stuff.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview to review my work experience and review the offered position. Interviewer was friendly and professional.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter through LinkedIn. Initial phone screen (30 mins) with 2 managers. Went over experience and the questions were directly related to what was listed on the resume. Second round with 5 managers (3 managers at a time), went over work experience, was given a "paper test" with full stack questions (JS, OO Concepts, SQL). Very laid back interview. Conversation focused on my previous work experience and what I can contribute to the team.

Interview Questions

• Related to OAuth and WebServices. Not a specific question.. more of tell us what you know about OAuth. Have you used it?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

One phone interview (I believe local candidates did this in person) with all 6 relevant members of the team. Each interview was 30 minutes and included behavioral questions and brief technical finance questions.

Analyst Interview

Interview

Phone interview followed by day of on-site meetings. Team members asked pointed questions regarding the industry of focus. Emphasis on fit and team construct. Met with nearly every team member.

Interview Questions

• Please send over a cover letter detailing your interest in the position.   Answer Question

Trust Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Houston, TX).

Interview

Easy interview with great, down to Earth people. Everyone was very nice and you do not need to stress over the interview too much. Bring resumes with you and be yourself.

Security Settlement Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

I sent my resume to a third party (oxford solutions) and they were able to set me up with an interview. The interview went very well, I felt like I was simply having a conversation with them. Make sure to ask a lot of questions because they seemed to enjoy that I was very interested in learning a lot about the company from their perspective.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to deal with a stressful situation and what did you do to overcome it   1 Answer

UI Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

A phone screen was set up in which I was asked general questions about web technologies, but no concrete questions about solving any problems.

Each of the six people with whom I interviewed was cordial, respectful, and professional. It was a very pleasurable experience. In fact, the interviews went over by an hour, making the entire process a 4-hour on-site interview.

About two business days after the phone screen, a 3-hour, on-site interview was setup for the BNY Mellon location on Barclay St in Lower Manhattan. I interviewed with six people: three 1:1 type interviews and three phone interviews.

Private Banker Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon in March 2017.

Interview

Unprofessional, unorganized, apathetic of one's time during the interview process, no work/life balance. If the interview process is in any indication of what it would be like to work for this institution I would be weary to recommend any potential candidates after my experience. Additionally, the presence of work/life balance appears to be non-existent.

Interview Questions

• Many redundant questions regarding current position/future potential, met with 10 individuals during the interview process. I wouldn't say any of the questions were difficult, rather unnecessary allocation of interviewees time.   Answer Question

Software De Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

I was asked to take a HackerRank test after doing that a phone interview was scheduled. The phone interview was a joke two out of three people I was scheduled to interview with showed up and the third didn't. (Sadly I found out during the interview he was there in his office but I guess he just didn't have time for a scheduled interview...) It was awkward to the point it was embarrassing not for me but for them and they said as much when I asked. Afterward I was contacted by several other people from BNY Mellon but they just seemed like they didn't have their stuff together.

Interview Questions

• Standard coding questions and questions about previous projects.   Answer Question