BNY Mellon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

254 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

First, I just hand in the resume in person on my school career fair. And the other day, I received the email with a link of a hack rank programming online assignment. Then we schedule the interview.

Interview Questions

• How proficient are you in JAVA? What's you project about?   Answer Question

Senior Java Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2017.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter, did a hacker rank challenge, had 1 phone interview going over my resume experience, met with 3 interviewers for a more technical review and to discuss the role within the company

Interview Questions

• What kind of experience I had leading a team to build a project   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Get the online test of hacker rank website and then go through a process of phone interview about questions of the test and every detail on your resume as well as a lot of frameworks and tools you used in your project.

Portfolio Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Menlo Park, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

A very standard interview. Interviewee went through my resume with me and asked some behavioral questions. Overall, it was a very friendly experience. They didn't ask any technical questions regarding portfolio such as beta and line of regression.

Trust Tax Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BNY Mellon in July 2017.

Interview

Submitted my application and within 24 hours I received a phone call to schedule an interview. The interviewers were very professional and acted interested in everything I had to say. Seemed like a great place to work.

Interview Questions

• In your previous experience, how has that prepared you for being a self starter   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

The entire process consists of two rounds of Interview and then final round is in the Office with the entire team. First round is with HR and second with the hiring manager. Only behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through resume and talk about all your work experience/ internship experiences   Answer Question

Analyst IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

The interview process went well, But they never get back to you. I would appreciate a professional courtesy email atleast saying that I was not selected for the position instead of leaving me hanging

Investment Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Wilmington, DE) in June 2017.

Interview

I had an on-site interview with two people. It was relatively standard, asking about my background and then asked me questions that were geared towards my goals and what I expected to get out of working at BNY. Study the company and be good at behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Where do you want to be in 5 years?
      What do you expect to get out of this position?
      What are your strengths?
      Tell me about a time you had to follow specific directions.   Answer Question

Senior Database Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Cleveland, OH) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone interview. Directly jumped into asking questions, had no interest to know about my current or past project and exp. Asked to tell ACCURATE lengthy sql queries over phone. I believe in writing sql queries on editor rather than tell them over phone without errors. Not a professional way to interview for a sr role. Last dint even bother to ask if i had any questions. Waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Tell exact query to add all positive and negative numbers from a column in single sql statement.   1 Answer
    • Plsql performane tuning techs   1 Answer

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Senior recruiter had called me. She had clear not read my resume. she wanted to know if I was interested in a senior auditor position. I am ant the executive level. She read my resume while on the phone and applogized.