BNY Mellon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 24, 2017

2.6

Tread Credit Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oriskany, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Oriskany, NY).

Interview

Hiring and interview process was very simple started from HR department and thereafter to specific department knowledge like Imort Department Export Department Reimbursement Department and misc. questions for foreign trade.

Interview Questions

• How long you are dealing in Trade Credit Business   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

Fairly easy interview process with two supervisors that I would be working with. I was shown around the facility after the interview and introduced to numerous other people that worked in the department as well as supervisors for other departments.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • A few questions were asked about how one would deal with certain scenarios and situations.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Boston, MA).

Interview

Had an interview at my school. Asked standard questions, but some finance related ones and job experience. Some group related questions. One of the hard ones was how weather affected finance and the stock market.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Got referred from a friend, about 30 minutes statistics questions, this was my first phone interview, I felt like I answered most of the question, but failed in a few, and in one of the questions asking why AIC and BIC are better than R square, at that time I was thought about adjusted R square, and no idea of which criterion better than the other, and I didn't want to waste time there, and answered "I don't know, I never think about that", later I got that he didn't like the answer "I never think about this", this is a failure experience, actually I really want to get this position

Interview Questions

• the first question is the assumption of linear regression   Answer Question

Risk Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview : Review job history and reasons why I was looking. Discussed behavioral issues to determine fit. Reviewed the job description and the needs of the unit. All standard stuff.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview to review my work experience and review the offered position. Interviewer was friendly and professional.   Answer Question

Tax Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

Why recommended for another position through one of my professors. The interview was very laid back; however, I did not get the job. They called me two days later and said that the manager was interested in me for another position. Had the interview the following week. Again, very laid back. I interviewed with one manager in person and two on the phone. They mainly asked about my experience related to the job and my knowledge of several softwares.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question
    • What is your experience level with the Microsoft Applications?   Answer Question
    • How do you think any of your work experience could help with this position?   Answer Question

Associate Wealth Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Initial interview was with recruiter/screener for the wealth management group. 2nd interview was with the wealth team in the LA office.

Job description in general was vague, and left to WM team to explain role at the second interview. Scheduling was disorganized, with poor communications regarding 2nd interview and they only confirmed 3 weeks after initial interview the day before they said interview would be scheduled. Had been scheduled for a 3 hour interview with 7-8 people, but on arrival ended up meeting 4 for 1 hour. Assistant noted that I was not on their calendar.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Why does the position interest you? How do you feel your background would prepare you for the role? Why do you want to do wealth management?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (King of Prussia, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

When I had the interview, everything went well. I talked about my extensive customer service experience, gave great examples of providing a good CS experience, and was very personable with the interviewers. At the end of the interview, I was told that my resume looked great and they said that they don't see a reason why I wouldn't get the position.

Despite the great interview, I get a call a week later from my recruiter who told me that I didn't get the job because I did not have "enough" experience in Customer Service. I guess almost 7 years of Customer Service is not "enough". The bigger deciding factor was that I "acted nervous". I did not act nervous and they never made a mention of that to me.

Even if I had acted nervous, it should not be a reason not to hire someone. I have an anxiety disability and this was flat out discrimination done by the company. They violated the ADA and have been in talks with a lawyer to pursue a case against them.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter through LinkedIn. Initial phone screen (30 mins) with 2 managers. Went over experience and the questions were directly related to what was listed on the resume. Second round with 5 managers (3 managers at a time), went over work experience, was given a "paper test" with full stack questions (JS, OO Concepts, SQL). Very laid back interview. Conversation focused on my previous work experience and what I can contribute to the team.

Interview Questions

• Related to OAuth and WebServices. Not a specific question.. more of tell us what you know about OAuth. Have you used it?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

One phone interview (I believe local candidates did this in person) with all 6 relevant members of the team. Each interview was 30 minutes and included behavioral questions and brief technical finance questions.