BNY Mellon Reporter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BNY Mellon Reporter Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2017

2.6

26 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Everett, MA) in July 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by an internal recruiter, they had me come in for an interview in person after my phone screen. The interview was with a VP of the division, a manager, and two supervisors. It lasted slightly under an hour. It was laid back and contained many formal questions that they were required to ask per company policy, everyone was nice and it was a relaxed experience with no technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience with technical analysis and derivatives trading?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BNY Mellon in November 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with a manager and supervisor. The interview was very relaxed and comfortable. Pretty straight forward easy interview. Did not ask any technical questions, all behavioral. Wanted to ensure that I would be a "team player."

Interview Questions

• What are some of your strengths and weaknesses?

Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years?   Answer Question

Accounting and Reporting Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Everett, MA).

Interview

Phone screen first. Then someone calls to tell you a little more about the position and helps schedule the interview. On the day of the interview, meet with HR for about 15 minutes and then meet with several (2-3) supervisors/managers all at once. They have a list of questions they ask everyone that wants to work for BNY Mellon.

Interview Questions

• Q: How good are you with Microsoft Office?
      Q: Name a time when you had something extensive to read and had to make an urgent decision.
      Q: Name a time when you had to do something mundane and how you motivated yourself to complete it.   Answer Question

Accounting and Reporting Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Everett, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

Process didn't take that long. Got a call from a phone screener telling me all about the job and my previous employers and what my role was with them. Then the HR called me from the actual location to set up an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you and a co worker had a disagreement and how was it resolved ?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BNY Mellon in June 2015.

Interview

It was a behavioral interview. I was asked to describe certain scenarios where I have demonstrated the skills needed for the job. It was 2 on 1, I met with the manager and a supervisor. Overall, the questions were simple to answer.

Accounting and Reporting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Everett, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Everett, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

Call from HR. Interviewed with two VPs. Show you are hungry and willing to learn. Know the fundamentals of accounting. Ask questions and be polite. Emphasize work ethic and willingness to work OT.

Accounting and Reporting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Everett, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Everett, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

30 minutes with recruiter in the office, then 30 minutes with a manager and two supervisors. Really standard questions, tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult client, strengths/weaknesses

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

The interview was easy and not stressful at all. Show up on time for the interview and got job. The person conducting the interview seemed unprepared, nervous, and not trained to conduct an interview. They asked basic interview questions and seemed rushed to complete the process. After that took and passed drug test and started at company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Interview

Interview process contained 3 rounds with different personnel. Explained the job requirements and expectations of the applicant. Started with a recruiter in HR, then upstairs with different teams. Employer was quick with offer and was flexible with new hire start times.

Client Accounting and Reporting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2014.

Interview

Interview was very relaxed, one on one with a team supervisor and the hiring manager (although in my particular case, he was out for the day). Took place in a private conference room and lasted roughly 30 minutes. Primarily a conversation; wanted to figure out if I would fit into the group atmosphere. Also discussed proficiency in Microsoft Excel (this is imperative to the job) and general understanding of the financial industry as a whole (less imperative, but still important - you will be trained thoroughly on these subjects).

Interview Questions

• How do you present/deliver difficult information to clients?   Answer Question

Negotiation

This is an entry-level position, do not expect to negotiate.