BNY Mellon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BNY Mellon Interview Questions

Updated Feb 22, 2017

2.6

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

Fought like the dickens to get an interview - submitting several online applications over many months - and using 2-3,personal referrals. Finally scored a phone screen interview! That went well. After 4-5 weeks of no feedback, I called recruiter back to gingerly follow up. That sparked an immediate call back to schedule an onsite interview. The 1-on-1 interview was relaxed with normal questions asked. I truly felt I "nailed it" and expected an offer to be made. The interviewing manager even gave me their business card and invited me to keep in touch. They were clear that a decision would likely come "after the holidays" (i.e. January sometime) as this was mid November. By mid-February, I heard nothing. I emailed original recruiter to follow up. They were very apologetic for the lack of feedback, confirmed the position remained open, and said they'd follow up within a short time. Two weeks later, I'm still waiting. It's disheartening to be left in a state of uncertainty for so long. I'm not that old (early 40's), but I can recall a time when you interviewed for a position and had a definitive answer within a week or two. In our day of technology you'd expect the process to quicken rather than crawl.

Interview Questions

• How would you rate your organization skills on a scale of 1-5 with 5 being the most organized?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

Had two rounds of interviews.One on campus interview which was mostly behavioral questions. The second round was a mix of technical and behavioral question with executive employees. Did not hear back after the last round so naturally assumed that I did not get offer.

Operations Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Pune (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

Its very sorted. Aptitude test which is all basics about accountancy, share market & English language. Introductory round to see ones confidence & communication skills. HR round to test ones knowledge. Then the managerial round.

Interview Questions

• Why we should select you?
      Tell us about you previous work
      1 Answer

Operations Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Pune (India)).

Interview

I applied through Randstad.
    The process took one day. I interviewed at BNY Mellon on Wednesday 1st of February, 2017.
    It was started with aptitude test, Hr Round then Ops Round.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with shifts? And why Bnymellon   1 Answer

Operation Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Pune (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

it was a one day process.starting with group discission and then followed by the aptitude test, hr round and ops manager round.the interview process took more time than usual and it was very easy to crack

Interview Questions

• candidate profile
      why bny mellon
      comfortable working in night shifts
      basic capital market and derivatives related questions
      Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online, telephone interview & final round interview. Telephone was very standard motivational questions. Final round interview was the most relaxed experience of my life. Two very friendly MD's made me feel totally at ease and like I could be myself. By this point they know that you're bright and you understand the company as you've gone through the motions already- this final interview is a chance to get to know you. Be yourself, be honest and it will be fine. They want to see if you're a cultural fit and whether or not they could work well with you. Be open to talking about your experiences in detail and drawing on the skills set that it has taught you and how this would help.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

just very basic questions. previous experiences, why you want to work for them, coding question. Question asked: given a string and a number then show all permutations of the string with that size in length

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

The application process begins with an online form. You are required to fill out relevant information with regards to education and personal details. The only documents required are a CV and relevant cover letter. I was notified about the interview after about 3 weeks, with a day before the scheduled interviewer. The interview was relatively informal and enjoyable; it lasted slightly less than half an hour.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you have demonstrated entrepreneurship.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you have overcome a challenge.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you have demonstrated integrity.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your greatest achievement, and what you learnt from it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied on campus career fair. Received an email for a phone interview. After the phone interview was an on-site behavioral and technical interview. Hackerrank questions were sent afterwards and were available for 48 hours. Once you start the questions, you have one hour to finish as much as you can.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Waltham, MA).

Interview

The first interview was very simple and the typical interview. It was a one on one behavioral interview and was broken up into 3-4 questions. The interviewer was very friendly and nice.