BNY Mellon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 18, 2018

2.6

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Get the online test of hacker rank website and then go through a process of phone interview about questions of the test and every detail on your resume as well as a lot of frameworks and tools you used in your project.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Syracuse, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

I got a call from the recruiter and she collected my info. After about two weeks, I was called for a face-to-face round at the Syracuse office. It went on for around 45 mins. The interview went extremely well (one of the best interviews I ever had). After the interview, hiring manager dropped me till the building exit and told me that my background was really impressive and fit for the position. And that they would talk to me soon after interviewing others. I was really positive about it. For the next 2.5 months I just kept shooting mails to the recruiter, and she kept saying I'm being considered for the position and the final decision has not been made yet. Same reply every time. I then dropped a mail to the global head of talent acquisition about my situation and that I am really interested in the position. As soon as this mail went to him, I got a reject within 24 hours. They just wasted my time.

Interview Questions

• I was asked questions about my experience on Tableau and other visualization tools, other analytical tools and some behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Portfolio Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Menlo Park, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

A very standard interview. Interviewee went through my resume with me and asked some behavioral questions. Overall, it was a very friendly experience. They didn't ask any technical questions regarding portfolio such as beta and line of regression.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Everett, MA) in July 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by an internal recruiter, they had me come in for an interview in person after my phone screen. The interview was with a VP of the division, a manager, and two supervisors. It lasted slightly under an hour. It was laid back and contained many formal questions that they were required to ask per company policy, everyone was nice and it was a relaxed experience with no technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience with technical analysis and derivatives trading?   Answer Question

Corporate Actions Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Pittsburgh, PA) in July 2017.

Interview

Phone screen interview with a BNY Mellon recruiter. The next step was to interview in person. The recruiter provided pre-interview information; interview location, who was conducting the interview, and other basic information. A week later I went into the department to interviewed infront of two managers. Both were very informative and provided great insight into the job. I heard back within 3 days after the interview. I accepted, with excitement, and started 3 weeks later. They allowed me to post pone my start date by a week, due the fact I was moving from out-of-state. The entire process was smooth.

Interview Questions

• Your work ethic and how you handle stressful situations   Answer Question

Trust Tax Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BNY Mellon in July 2017.

Interview

Submitted my application and within 24 hours I received a phone call to schedule an interview. The interviewers were very professional and acted interested in everything I had to say. Seemed like a great place to work.

Interview Questions

• In your previous experience, how has that prepared you for being a self starter   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

The entire process consists of two rounds of Interview and then final round is in the Office with the entire team. First round is with HR and second with the hiring manager. Only behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through resume and talk about all your work experience/ internship experiences   Answer Question

Analyst IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

The interview process went well, But they never get back to you. I would appreciate a professional courtesy email atleast saying that I was not selected for the position instead of leaving me hanging

Investment Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Wilmington, DE) in June 2017.

Interview

I had an on-site interview with two people. It was relatively standard, asking about my background and then asked me questions that were geared towards my goals and what I expected to get out of working at BNY. Study the company and be good at behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Where do you want to be in 5 years?
      What do you expect to get out of this position?
      What are your strengths?
      Tell me about a time you had to follow specific directions.   Answer Question

Senior Database Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Cleveland, OH) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone interview. Directly jumped into asking questions, had no interest to know about my current or past project and exp. Asked to tell ACCURATE lengthy sql queries over phone. I believe in writing sql queries on editor rather than tell them over phone without errors. Not a professional way to interview for a sr role. Last dint even bother to ask if i had any questions. Waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Tell exact query to add all positive and negative numbers from a column in single sql statement.   1 Answer
    • Plsql performane tuning techs   1 Answer