BNY Mellon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 24, 2017

2.6

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Waltham, MA).

Interview

The first interview was very simple and the typical interview. It was a one on one behavioral interview and was broken up into 3-4 questions. The interviewer was very friendly and nice.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

just very basic questions. previous experiences, why you want to work for them, coding question. Question asked: given a string and a number then show all permutations of the string with that size in length

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BNY Mellon in December 2016.

Interview

I had a short phone call with HR as the first step in the process which went well. It was only about ten minutes at most. The next week I was contacted about an in person interview with the hiring manager and two team members.

I chose to interview at 11:00am and was told it would be about an hour. I also was told the hiring manager wanted me to prepare a PowerPoint presentation on myself.

I received a reminder from HR a few days before my interview which I thought was nice. I showed up at the BNY Mellon building at about ten till 11:00 to go through security. They called upstairs to the hiring manager for confirmation but did not get an answer. They proceeded to call each of the other people I would be interviewing with, again with no answer.

Finally, after waiting for about ten minutes or so, one of the team members called back. The security officer told me that she was told my interview was at 1:00, not 11:00. I told her I had a confirmation email that showed it at 11:00. She apologized profusely for the mix up and I thanked her but told her it wasn't her fault at all. She then printed me up an identification badge and I went up to the appropriate floor.

I was greeted by one team member at about 11:10. She escorted me to a conference room and we both had a seat. She said she had an important conference call at 11:30, so we would have to cut the interview short. She asked me to go over my background and as I was finishing up, the hiring manager walked in.

The first thing she mentioned was again how important the upcoming call was and that things needed to wrap up by 11:30. They proceeded to ask a few standard job interview questions and then they thanked me for coming and told me they had to go.

I didn't receive one apology from them for their mix up. Since there was such a time crunch I didn't even do my presentation.

I've had about twenty in person interviews so far in my career, and this was without a doubt the most unprofessional and poorly run I've ever encountered.

I wasted three hours the day of the interview between practicing my presentation and commuting downtown and back. Not to mention $9 in parking. I also wasted two to three hours the week prior between creating the presentation and practicing it.

I did however, gain valuable insight into how BNY Mellon operates, specifically this department and I will certainly be staying away from them in the future.

I told my brother about this interview, as he is in a similar field as me. He told me that he had interviewed with them about two years ago and had an equally terrible interview experience. In his case, the hiring manager wasn't even in the office the day he scheduled my brother for an interview. So instead of apologizing and rescheduling the interview, they had him interview with a summer intern who had just started the week prior.

This company does not seem to care much about prospective employees and unfortunately, they probably don't have to since they are a large, well known corporation.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

three interviewers, one basic stochastic and one stats and one behavior. Basic integration by parts, and the relation between CDF and PDF, Pretty easy. Every interviewer for half hour. But i forgot all stochastic stuff.

Software Dev Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Jersey City, NJ) in December 2016.

Interview

online assessment with 4 parts, quite long and built on eachother. Lots of parsing input and calculations. Interview onsite in Jersey scheduled and paid for. Group Case Study and technical/behavioral interview.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY).

Interview

It was an open house interview, where a whole bunch of applicants showed up all dressed up nicely and many appeared to be recent college graduates. They were looking to hire a lot of people to three different dept, namely Mutual funds, unit investment trust and fund accountant. This did not feel like an interview. It was mainly a one sided conversation stating three different areas needed people and will start right away once you are hired.

Interview Questions

• Where did you go for college and why accounting?   1 Answer

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY).

Interview

contacted by recruiter who schedule interview with the team at BNY Mellon. Had three to four rounds of interview. The process took to long. If I was unemployed at the time I would have found another job, but since I was employed there was no urgency,

Specialist Interview

Interview

Easy and was what I expected. On time. Good communication. Met a few people. Toured the office. Very thorough. Answered all questions that I had. Knew it was a positive atmosphere with smiles all throughout the office

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was very short and not what I prepared for at all. The interviewer only asked me six or seven questions, all of which were pretty general. She had only been with the bank for five months so at the end when I asked her a few questions she really couldn't answer them. During the interview she took notes on a piece of paper with her questions listed. She barely made eye contact with me. I think she sends her notes off to someone else who makes the actual decision as it really didn't seem like she was the person making the choices.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were working in a group and you dealt with a conflict.   Answer Question

Corporate Trust Client Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

1 interview with 2 different managers. Going over Resume and asking questions of your background and your current job and also asked if had experience using Bloomberg Terminal..interview was short but it was a positive experience

Interview Questions

Declined because didn't wanna risk leaving my job for a contract position