BNY Mellon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 22, 2017

2.6

BlueSky Applications Spec II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lynnfield, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Lynnfield, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

First interview is over the phone. The interview lasted about thirty minutes with basic interview questions asked. The interviewer was very nice and just wanted to know about my previous work experience as well as some questions about myself and my personality.

Private Equity Fund Accountant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerset, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Somerset, NJ) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied on their career website, got call from the HR for interview. 2 rounds of 45mins each. The interviewer said that we are busy in quarter end so it will take 1 month to decide whether I am hired or not.

Risk Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with one individual, a team-lead new to the company. Though she seemed nice during the interview, and I thought it went well, I never received any feedback or a return call. Interview started 30 minutes later than expected.

Interview Questions

• To go through my resume, and how much experience leading discussions with other stakeholders.   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

pretty standard. software system. database related. SQL query such as multi table join and group by.
    ITIL process and java related questions. two technical interviews and one behavior round. understanding of system structure, front end and back end.

Interview Questions

• Difference between inner join and left join.

Difference between java interface and abstract class.

Java JDBC procedures.
      ITIL process and java related questions
      Answer Question

Entry Level Fund Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

There are Four people from two group gave me two rounds interview.
    Basic behavior questions. No very professional questions.
    Be prepared for the basic knowledge about fund transaction, because they will describe the job function for you. Do not act like you don't know anything about what they do.

Interview Questions

• Your strength.
      Describe a thing you recently planned to you and how did you plan.
      Answer Question

LOB Operational Risk Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BNY Mellon in August 2016.

Interview

Was contacted from Linked in by a nice recruiter went on the interview to find the person was from a different cultural upbringing. Demonstrated poor body language and an inability to explain the job. This person was borderline rude. He/She should have just said your not what I am looking for so don't sit here an explain your work history.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Chattanooga, TN).

Interview

Online interview, very informative on company information, expectations, and work load. I received an email asking me to add interviewer on messenger of choice, yahoo or Google. Once added she responded quickly. Answered any questions I had. I had to describe accomplishments, achievements, awards, any recommendations. I really enjoyed the online interview as this is the first on I've had. I was a little concerned with giving info over messenger but she didn't ask me anything that was not on my resume.

Alternative Investments Services Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Everett, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

Got a call from HR asking about my background and then she scheduled an interview. I interviewed with a total of 6 people, they were all supervisors. The interview was very easy, however I felt like some of them didn't prepare for it. Only 2 of the supervisors who interviewed me had good answers to the questions I asked. The rest couldn't give any substantial answers to the questions which made me rethink my interest in the role. I don't think I would want to work for someone who isn’t prepared to answer critical questions about the role/organization.

Also I noticed that the culture is very laid back at BNY Mellon. People were dressed in very casual clothes for such a big organization. Two of the supervisors both females wore very casual clothes and they kept adjusting their clothes due to how low the cleavage was. It was just not a good look at all. The people here seem nice but please encourage a more serious approach when it comes to interviewing your candidates.

Interview Questions

I received a better offer

Trust Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position through Control Associates LLC. They put in my application and within a week I was given the opportunity for an interview. I received the first interview slot of the several they had available. The interview itself was pretty casual in nature. You're asked basic and general questions as to what you're comfortable with, your qualities and experiences, and what to expect out of the position. After the interview, I was told that I could expect to hear a yes or no within a week or two. I left, and within 30 minutes was offered the position via telephone.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

Completed online applications and received a call from a recruiter about four days later for a face to face interview with four people two weeks later. The interview was pretty standard I discussed my previous experience and the role of the new position. Received a call a couple of days later stating I was a finalist and then another call a few more days later with an offer. Whole process took approx a month but that's only because I had to wait two weeks for the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Entry level. No room for negotiation.