BNY Mellon Managing Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BNY Mellon Managing Director Interview Questions

Interviews at BNY Mellon

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Started with phone screening -- 5 minute call. Then a 60 minute phone interview. Traveled to NYC and interviewed with hiring manager. Then traveled to Pittsburgh and interviewed with 4 direct reports.

Negotiation

Get salary, bonus, relocation, incentives, and job description in writing. Sounds like a non sequitur but I found that things they told me to be "givens" turned out later to have contingencies. Like the signing bonus was not available for 3 years.

Other Interview Reviews for BNY Mellon

Managing Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon in March 2010.

Interview

Referral from an existing employee. Interview was just a formality. In other experiences HR just floods managers with recruits without adequate screening .

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Not good or detailed enough for me. Recommend they beef up their process. Not high quality execs or staff. Low quality staff low quality process not really wall street.

Interview Questions

• Why did i move around so much?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Brooklyn, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

Very detailed, involving attorneys and business subject matter experts

Interview Questions

• None, all question pertained to subject matter expertise   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very direct, no nonsense.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

Human resources staff did a nice job, very organized, informative and provided good advice. They responded quickly and communicated effectively. Travel to interviews were handled well including reimbursing expenses.

Interview Questions

• The normal about experience and skill set.   1 Answer

Managing Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (London, England (UK)) in February 2011.

Interview

The interview process was lengthy and thorough and lasted several months. The process had a very collegiate approach across the whole organisation, and involved face to face as well as one to one. The staff involved were very thorough and pleasant however it was extremely drawn out, maybe partly because some of the interviews were state side.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work for them and what I could bring to the table.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes negotiation was possible.