BNY Mellon Interview Questions in Manchester, England | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 20, 2017

2.9

IVC Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Manchester, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

I was headhunted and invited for an interview without ever receiving a job description. On the interview that it turned out that I wasn't notified of basic requirements for the position. The panel seemed very unprofessional, were hardly able to answer my questions about the company and I never heard back from them, even though they said they will notify me even if I'm unsuccessful.

Client Service Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Manchester, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Interviewed by two senior people. Fairly relaxed to begin with however got intense later on. A mixture of personal questions and then competency based questions. It lasted one hour 40 mins.

Corporate Actions Senior Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Manchester, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

Interview was very formal. When I went, I had to do a reconcilation test. Then they went through my CV. After there was competency based questions like what are your strengths, weakness, what you will be in 5 years, what is a corporate action along with an example. There were 2 persons, one was asking questions and other was writing down the answers.

Interview Questions

• Describe the time when you worked under pressure, describe the time you have worked to tight deadlines   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Manchester, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online in mid- October. Had a phone interview around early November and was scheduled for a face-to face interview. This consisted of competency questions as well as general questions such as what do you currently do? etc. Overall it was an easy interview, some of the questions were slightly different to what I expected but nonetheless, they were answerable. The atmosphere was very relaxed. The interviewer took notes whilst I answered the questions. The interviewer was really lovely and was also very encouraging. I asked for feedback and the feedback given was constructive. I was informed of the outcome around December.

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritise your work?
      When was there a time where you had to make a life-changing/difficult decision?
      Why BNY Mellon?
      What do you think the programme consists of?
      Answer Question

Conversion Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Manchester, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

2 managers face to face one was team leader and second one was high level manager very welcoming interview took about 45 minutes divided in 3 parts part one about CV in detail from high school to uni then professional experiences each in detail with follow up questions spent 15 minutes second part competency based questions describe best customer service when you went beyond expectations?
    2-tell us time when you introduce new process how did it go and how can you make it better in future e.g something like that
    Whats your strengths and weaknesses name 2 each
    Do you have experience in MS excel and what level name two formulas and why do you use them
    What do you want to work for BNY and where do you see yourself in next 5 years
    What do you know about role ?

Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Manchester, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

organised through temp agency, only 10 minute phone call with two senior /supervisor level staff members, was asked about technical skills and previous professional experience. no questions about bny mellon as a company or why them etc, just very quick basic and skills based. only phone interview as had been screened by agency

Interview Questions

• excel proficiency?
      availability?
      1 Answer

Negotiation

none as via agency

Offshore Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Manchester, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

drew on past experience, talked about the company and their benefits, talked about a few technical aspects and competency questions, talked about the salary but not much about progression, gave me some info on their own background with the company and where they've moved around from. Asked about my personal hobbies. It was a fairly laid back interview

Interview Questions

• tell us about a difficult situation at work and what you did to handle it   Answer Question

Corporate Actions Senior Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Manchester, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

2 managers, competency based interview, know the company background, role and duties involved. Be prepared to answer questions about your degree, hobbies, and your future. Dress in full business attire and give good eye contact.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your final year project. What do you have planned for the future? Why are you going into this role?   Answer Question

Fund Admionistrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Manchester, England (UK)).

Interview

Interview was semi formal with head of department and deputy. Questions included technical and situational. Most questionswere centred around knowing financial instruments and how they utilised by investors. the interview included generic situational questions like give as an example of when u improved processes

Negotiation

did not have one

Tax Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Manchester, England (UK)).

Interview

Straight forward competency questions. Applied direct through the company website. 45 minute interview with a range of questions about previous experience and education. Received a call back within a week.

Negotiation

Nothing