BNY Mellon Interview Questions in Manchester, England | Glassdoor

2.8

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Manchester, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

Very professional. Interview took place in Manchester. I was interviewed by two managers. Friendly atmosphere . HR department organised well the interview although the department is not base in UK.

Interview Questions

• They asked question about my actual job. Your best achievement in life. Why do I want to work for them? They check my knowledge about BNY Meĺon. Some question about share and asset.   Answer Question

Account Management Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Manchester, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

Friendly but demanding. I was asked about my previous work experience, my language skills were tested and I was asked a lot of personality related questions and why I left my former employer. The interviewers were friendly and funny and tried to convince me that the company is a good place to work. I had spent too much time learning about the role and too little time knowing myself before this interview, but it doesn't matter too much now because I got the offer anyway.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about the most challenging event in your former job and how you reacted to it.   1 Answer

Human Resources Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Manchester, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

The Interviewing Manager was very nice, put me at ease and was a positive interview. However I went for the interview on the Thursday, when the recruiter I was dealing with managed to get a response from them on the Monday, they stated the position had already been filled. This very much felt it had been filled internally, that this was always going to be the case, and that the role had only been advertised to follow processes. It seemed an unfortunate waste of time (mine, the recruiter's and the interviewing manager's) and cost of money.

Interview Questions

• The questions were general ones about experience etc.   1 Answer

IVC Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Manchester, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

I was headhunted and invited for an interview without ever receiving a job description. On the interview that it turned out that I wasn't notified of basic requirements for the position. The panel seemed very unprofessional, were hardly able to answer my questions about the company and I never heard back from them, even though they said they will notify me even if I'm unsuccessful.

Client Service Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Manchester, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Interviewed by two senior people. Fairly relaxed to begin with however got intense later on. A mixture of personal questions and then competency based questions. It lasted one hour 40 mins.

Reconciliation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Manchester, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Telephone interview with agency was first stage. 2nd stage was interview at their office. A lot of competency questions asked but very little technical questions. Lasted about one hour...

Interview Questions

• Demonstrate a time you worked in a team and what role did you do and what obstacles did you encounter and how did you did with it?   1 Answer

Corporate Actions Senior Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Manchester, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

Interview was very formal. When I went, I had to do a reconcilation test. Then they went through my CV. After there was competency based questions like what are your strengths, weakness, what you will be in 5 years, what is a corporate action along with an example. There were 2 persons, one was asking questions and other was writing down the answers.

Interview Questions

• Describe the time when you worked under pressure, describe the time you have worked to tight deadlines   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Manchester, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online in mid- October. Had a phone interview around early November and was scheduled for a face-to face interview. This consisted of competency questions as well as general questions such as what do you currently do? etc. Overall it was an easy interview, some of the questions were slightly different to what I expected but nonetheless, they were answerable. The atmosphere was very relaxed. The interviewer took notes whilst I answered the questions. The interviewer was really lovely and was also very encouraging. I asked for feedback and the feedback given was constructive. I was informed of the outcome around December.

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritise your work?
      When was there a time where you had to make a life-changing/difficult decision?
      Why BNY Mellon?
      What do you think the programme consists of?   Answer Question

Settlements Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Manchester, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

I went through a recruitment agency first so I had an informal chat with them about myself and my CV. They then got me an interview at BNY Mellon in Manchester. I went there on the day of the interview and met with 2 people and they asked the basic interview questions. It lasted around 15-20 minutes. I heard back from the recruitment agency that I had got the job.
    I would have started within 2 weeks but because I had lived abroad prior to that, it took 2 months to get my criminal background check done.

Conversion Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Manchester, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

2 managers face to face one was team leader and second one was high level manager very welcoming interview took about 45 minutes divided in 3 parts part one about CV in detail from high school to uni then professional experiences each in detail with follow up questions spent 15 minutes second part competency based questions describe best customer service when you went beyond expectations?
    2-tell us time when you introduce new process how did it go and how can you make it better in future e.g something like that
    Whats your strengths and weaknesses name 2 each
    Do you have experience in MS excel and what level name two formulas and why do you use them
    What do you want to work for BNY and where do you see yourself in next 5 years
    What do you know about role ?