BNY Mellon Interview Questions in New York State | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 24, 2017

2.6

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview Mistakes: It's easy to get sidetracked by a variety of factors during the interviewing process. Discover the largest pitfalls for interviewers and how to avoid them.
    Panel Interviews: Read about the most effective methods for carrying out panel interviews and when you might want to use them as part of your interviewing process.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with the group members and the head of the team. It took about two weeks. The main question is why do you want to switch jobs. Their interview was mainly about technical skills such as model development.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume. What models have your worked with.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation at all. The hr wants to low ball you as much as possible.

Market Risk Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Employee referral. First rounds in office with MD- quant focused questions. Second round with two MDs and analyst. Questions on the markets, why finance and problem solving techniques.
    They told me about the work I would do as an intern, potential projects etc.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

It was Amazing. I had applied for Internal Audit intern. The location is really nice. My interview lasted for 45mins. The vice president of the department took my interview. Questions started building up according to my resume. Then he discussed various skill set required for the position.

Performance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Sent resume via employee referral after being introduced to HR. Once resume was received, interview was scheduled quickly. HR scheduled directly with hiring manager and head of group. Completed application for role online after resume was selected.

Interview Questions

• Describe managerial experience of teams   1 Answer

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by HR and was screened for qualifications. I was subsequently contacted by the hiring manager and we discussed the role, its challenges and requirements. Both conversations went well.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Easy process. Recruiter called to schedule interviews either in person or over phone for two divisions. Decided to attend in person. Had one 1 hour interview in one division and three 45 minutes - 1 hour long interviews in the other. Recruiter called three weeks later to offer position.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Had one 30 minute phone interview with two managers. Very straightforward for the most part. Asked about aspects of my resume and wanted to see if I understood the basics of their division.

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview lasted about an hour and I met with three different people. The questions were basic and the interview went fairly quickly. At first I met with two people together and after that I met with a third person alone. The interview process was good overall and went quicker than expected.

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

I had a personal connection with one of the MDs who forwarded my credentials around. I filled out an application via the online portal and was contacted within a week to set up an interview. The interview was in Brooklyn by the VPs of several account teams. It lasts about an hour and a half and I completed 3-4 interviews in the day. I was called with an offer a few weeks later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations on an entry level position