BNY Mellon Interview Questions in New York State | Glassdoor

2.6

156 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Client Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied directly to a BNY Mellon online job posting. I was contacted for an interview about two weeks later. I met with the hiring manager and one of the managers under him. We spoke for about an hour. It was very casual and free flowing. They primarily asked about my experience and also told me what the position entailed. I received an offer a week later and accepted it.

Interview Questions

• The only question I was asked other than standard ones was "what are three things you would do on your first day?" Good question since many people take a job without really being prepared to start it.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online recruiter contacted me within few days. Interviewed with them and met two people for an hour each .

Received a call from HR saying they want to hire you and no second round was needed. Entire process took a week.

Securities Settlement Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Syracuse, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Easiest interview I have ever had, If you think that you're going to need to rehearse think otherwise because you are basically picked based off of your resume. I was basically just explained what the job would entail and what they do on that floor

Interview Questions

• Do you mind working in a team   1 Answer

Securities Settlement Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (East Syracuse, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I walked in and was shown around the huge office. I was asked one question and that was whether or not I could work in a team. They usually hire people on as a contract to hire which is fine but you actually get paid more as a temp than a full time. I sat down in a cube with my now manager and talked about what the job entailed. You really don't need to prepare

Interview Questions

• I was asked one question and that was whether or not I could work in a team.   1 Answer

Risk Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

one of Anonymous friend in job board helps me forward the resume.
    Then I get a call from HR two days later, set up 1 hour phone interview, going thorough resume.

Then I got onsite very soon. Ask some technical question and CV.

Still no results。

Interview Questions

• What's the technique to do variable selection.

Garch Model,

Linear Model assumption   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

the interview was easy and relaxed. I met with three people in person, one (HR) on the phone and then an additional one on one on the phone before receiving an offer. I got the feeling that the last interview was just a formality and they had already made their decision.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was no negotiating the hourly rate. I was told it was a fixed amount fro all interns.

Investment Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

It was a very easy process, and the HR recruiters were very nice and made sure to keep me posted on my status very frequently. I only applied online and had an in-person interview right away, which went very well. The hiring manager was very nice, and the interview was very conversation-based. I met with the manager and then two analysts separately.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

It was really simple interview process, two rounds of interview in total. The company was still in stage of figuring out how to compete with other big names to lure talents. First round was a phone interview directly with hiring manager, then on site to meet the team. I would say BNYM is very selective on selecting candidates for interviews. Out of hundreds of candidates, only 4 were interviewed.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Three in-phone interviews ranging from 20 to 45 minutes and then two in-person interviews with two managers. Everyone was cordial and helpful throughout the entire process. The process was quick and efficient. Do not be afraid to ask questions--the company is invested in you from the moment you enter the employee lifecycle as a potential hire.

Markets Group Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Internship process was simple and straightforward. I Applied online and was set up with phone interview about a week later through an HR representative. the interview was about half hour asking normal behavioral questions. Nothing tricky to be expected. Only had to go through one round then was given an offer the next week.