BNY Mellon Interview Questions in Pittsburgh, PA | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 14, 2017

2.4

Analyst IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

The interview process went well, But they never get back to you. I would appreciate a professional courtesy email atleast saying that I was not selected for the position instead of leaving me hanging

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

Got referred from a friend, about 30 minutes statistics questions, this was my first phone interview, I felt like I answered most of the question, but failed in a few, and in one of the questions asking why AIC and BIC are better than R square, at that time I was thought about adjusted R square, and no idea of which criterion better than the other, and I didn't want to waste time there, and answered "I don't know, I never think about that", later I got that he didn't like the answer "I never think about this", this is a failure experience, actually I really want to get this position

Interview Questions

• the first question is the assumption of linear regression   Answer Question

Tax Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

Why recommended for another position through one of my professors. The interview was very laid back; however, I did not get the job. They called me two days later and said that the manager was interested in me for another position. Had the interview the following week. Again, very laid back. I interviewed with one manager in person and two on the phone. They mainly asked about my experience related to the job and my knowledge of several softwares.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question
    • What is your experience level with the Microsoft Applications?   Answer Question
    • How do you think any of your work experience could help with this position?   Answer Question

Security Settlement Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

I sent my resume to a third party (oxford solutions) and they were able to set me up with an interview. The interview went very well, I felt like I was simply having a conversation with them. Make sure to ask a lot of questions because they seemed to enjoy that I was very interested in learning a lot about the company from their perspective.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to deal with a stressful situation and what did you do to overcome it   1 Answer

Software De Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

I was asked to take a HackerRank test after doing that a phone interview was scheduled. The phone interview was a joke two out of three people I was scheduled to interview with showed up and the third didn't. (Sadly I found out during the interview he was there in his office but I guess he just didn't have time for a scheduled interview...) It was awkward to the point it was embarrassing not for me but for them and they said as much when I asked. Afterward I was contacted by several other people from BNY Mellon but they just seemed like they didn't have their stuff together.

Interview Questions

• Standard coding questions and questions about previous projects.   Answer Question

Distribution Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

First interview went well but basic questions: strengths, weaknesses, etc. The second interview was terrible. I had to walk through my resume twice because one of the interviewers was late. Then, they told me it really wasn't an entry level position even though that was stated in the announcement. Further, they were frankly hostile and mocked my work history even though I just graduated college. All in all it was a terrible experience. I should've known in the first interview to walk away when they scoffed at my minimum salary requirement of $12/hr. I dodged a bullet with this company.

Interview Questions

• Strengths, weaknesses, describe a time.....They couldn't care less about asking any questions that might actually relate to the job in question.   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Standard process with typical questions, review of candidate background. Asked a few specific questions about my familiarity with the group's area of focus (2a7 funds and financial institutions credit risk). It was a round robin format with four different senior analysts.

Technology Summer Analyst () Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied on both job application system at my college and BNY Mellon career site. I completed the hackerrank challenge, then got selected to do an on campus interview. The on campus interview was behavioral with no unexpected questions. About 3 days later I received an invitation to Super Day at BNY Mellon in Pittsburgh. The "Super Day" is in fact just 3-4 hours with two parts (technical and behavioral). The technical interview was not super hard, they expect you to use java but really they accept any language; the behavioral interview is a case study with other candidates in your time slot where they observe how you approach a problem and work with others in real life. You have about an hour to brainstorm, present, and answer questions from the interviewers. Received an offer about 2 weeks later (after all the super days were completed).

Interview Questions

• array, linked list, basic functions; case study (you're our consultant, what recommendation would you make, etc)   Answer Question

Oracle Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was more of an interrogation not a conversation. I responded well to the questions but i guess the interviewer had someone already for the position. The interviewer was merely following company's policy. No sigh of proffessionalism, involement . overall Bad experience. I

Trust Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position through Control Associates LLC. They put in my application and within a week I was given the opportunity for an interview. I received the first interview slot of the several they had available. The interview itself was pretty casual in nature. You're asked basic and general questions as to what you're comfortable with, your qualities and experiences, and what to expect out of the position. After the interview, I was told that I could expect to hear a yes or no within a week or two. I left, and within 30 minutes was offered the position via telephone.