BNY Mellon Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BNY Mellon Project Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at BNY Mellon

3.1

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

I received an e-mail followed by a phone call from an admin to setup the interview. I was told that the hiring manager would call me the following day at 2. At 1:59 I picked up the phone and had the interview with two individuals while they had me on speaker phone.

While I was interviewing the hiring manager called and left me a voicemail. Apparently there was a mix up and the two people interviewing me were suppose to join in with the hiring manager.

It didn't seem like they were too organized.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of dealing with a difficult coworker and how you got past that.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BNY Mellon

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

Initial communications through a third part intermediary, followed by around three telephone interviews with hiring manager and future team members. Two face to face interviews with local staff members, but hiring manager was located in a different city. The interview process revealed a strong match between my skill set, the needs of the organization, and good engagement with future team-members, which was subsequently borne out as a good fit.

Interview Questions

• I don't recall any particularly difficult or unexpected questions. Interviewing at BNY Mellon is moving more towards providing a response to situational challenges in current or previous roles, with candidates expected to provide specifics on the situation, the task at hand, their actions, and the subsequent result. This is then followed up with further exploration of details and any challenges.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate, and I recommend negotiation at this phase, because negotiation for pay raises while employed within a company is much harder than negotiating up when an employer wants you to join their firm.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at BNY Mellon in July 2014.

Interview

There were several steps to the interview. There was a written test and then tests with coding as well. You had 3 interviews in total with different people. They are looking for extremely technical individuals and no longer want MIS backgrounds.

Interview Questions

• Given 3 sets of codes and asked to explain the differences and similarities.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

First contact at a recruiting event. Was then contacted by phone for a brief screen, which consisted mostly of questions about previous experience and interest in the role, as well as some behavioral questions. Was then invited to an on-site interview. The on-site included two interviews with two people, roughly 45 minutes each. Those interviews were also a mix of behavioral and experience questions. Got an offer call the next day.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2018.

Interview

Applied online and recruiter responded in 2 months. Then phone interview with the hiring manager. Started with phone call with the recruiter then in person interview. Overall the whole process took 3 months

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

1st stage was face to face, not structured but friendly. It took 15 mins to find a room before we could start.
    2nd stage was telephonic, structured and competency based.
    Was told i would get some feedback sooner, did not hear from the agency or BNYM.

Interview Questions

• Why am i looking to leave my current place?
      Questions on stakeholder management.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Pune (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

Job description was clear, Interview process is short, Interviewer asked great questions
    Well Co-ordinated interview, Its best to be interviewed in BNY Mellon, Recruiter was well aware of the opening

Interview Questions

• What is your past experience in PROJECT   1 Answer