BNY Mellon Risk Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BNY Mellon Risk Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at BNY Mellon

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2012.

Interview

Met with many different senior managers over the course of 2-3 hours. Interviews got pretty technical in your knowledge of analysis. College attended didn't seem that important but internships seemed like a requirement. I provided them with a writing sample in advance.

Interview Questions

• What would you look for when analyzing a companies financial statements?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BNY Mellon

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Boston, MA) in June 2011.

Interview

It was very easy. All they wanted is to get to know you as a person. They asked about why I wanted to work in this position and why I was leaving my previous employer.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral type of interview. Tell us about your strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Jersey City, NJ) in May 2018.

Interview

Hiring Manager: Indian guy who was interrupting all my answers. *Beware if you're going to technology side of it as there's no diversity there. They bring all tech talent from their Indian offices*

The other Director who joined the call was amazing, he gave me some good suggestions regarding how to progress and build my career.

Interview Questions

• IT Risk Assessment

Scenario case on how you think from Risk perspective   Answer Question

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Chennai (India)).

Interview

I had applied through campus.
    First was the Aptitude test then Technical Interview and HR interview.
    The Aptitude test consisted of questions on Derivatives and also objective questions.
    Technical Interview started with general questions like about yourself, what subjects you've studied and then questions on Derivatives and Security analysis and portfolio management.

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

Written test followed by personal interview. Written test is based on finance questions. If you clear written test only you will be allowed for personal discussion. Personal discussion is based on the resume.

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coimbatore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Coimbatore (India)) in October 2017.

Interview

TWO ROUNDS-FULLY TECHNICAL
    FIRST ROUND-TECHNICAL APTITUDE
    SECOND ROUND - TECHNICAL CUM HR INTERVIEW
    First there was placement talk.They clearly explains about job location,allowances.First round was the elimination round.It took one whole day.Personal interview took 20-30 minutes.

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tami (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Tami (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

Written Technical aptitude, Followed by Technical & HR interview. All the technical questions are from Derivatives and Bonds. I prepared from a book called Derivatives and risk management by Rajiv Srivatsav

Interview Questions

• How CDS work example, Who issue them, what is benefit for issuer?   Answer Question
    • How to hedge blue chip stocks in options during recession?   Answer Question
    • Options,types,swaps,convertible bonds, CAPAM model, calculate payoff.   Answer Question

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

We had a aptitude test. Aptitude is based on Derivatives . Next round is technical and after that an HR interview. Communication is very important for cracking the interview. We should be clear about the projects mentioned in CV. Confidence and attitude is also checked by the interviewer. Domain Knowledge alone wwont help to crack the interview

Interview Questions

• 1. Questions are based on derivatives and projects mentioned in the CV   Answer Question