BNY Mellon Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BNY Mellon Software Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at BNY Mellon

2.7

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

Overall process was not bad. Had an on campus interview and was invited for super day which is at their headquarters for final round. Looking for strong computer science background and make sure you can commute or find housing in New York

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BNY Mellon

Software Developer Interview

Interview

Interview is well-detailed and very interesting.

Interview Questions

• Write about your experiences working with individuals of different backgrounds.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Remote, OR) in April 2018.

Interview

The company came for recruitment at our campus. I appeared for an online coding round and solved 3 out of 5 questions and was shortlisted for the interview. There was only one interview which was primarily based on the resume and other basic CS concepts.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Get the online test of hacker rank website and then go through a process of phone interview about questions of the test and every detail on your resume as well as a lot of frameworks and tools you used in your project.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BNY Mellon in September 2018.

Interview

First got online coding test, then was the HR screening. Was then called for Coderpad technical round. After this step , got a mail by HR mentioning BNY is really interested for the next rounds of interview. After following up for weeks, not got any reply. Suddenly after 3 weeks got a mail saying that they don't sponser for the position ( which btw I already mentioned in HR round that being a international student i'll need sponsership). Worst experience ever. Such unprofessional behavior, wasting everybody's time. Think twice before you apply for the company.

Interview Questions

• Valid parenthesis, in- memory node deletion from linkedlist   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Lawrenceville, NJ) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard. An initial phone screen followed by 2 in onsite interviews. All the interviewers were pleasant and did not ask too many difficult questions. No coding exercises were required.

Interview Questions

• Basic java questions. Interface vs. abstract class. How does a hashmap work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Jersey City, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

First an on-campus behavioral interview. That was easy. Just don't be annoying or weird. Then a HackerRank. It was actually kind of difficult. Then a superday final round, which had a technical part and a non-technical part. Technical part was easy. Non-technical was a case study, which was kind of strange. Don't know if they'll keep doing the case study.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (London, England (UK)) in April 2012.

Interview

First a take home test to write a cellular automata in Scala. Seems like the key to passing this was just not scanning the entire grid of cells at each iteration i.e. just the adjacent cells.

After submitting the code I was invited to a face to face with team lead and senior developer for informal chat , then 1-1 with with another senior developer for review of the take home test and more pencil and paper puzzles and basic programming e.g. write a function to recognize palindromes. Finally 1-1 with HR examining 6 areas of competencies. was about 3 hours.

Interview Questions

• Puzzle about farming was worded in a confusing way that didn't make sense to me, Lost interest at that stage.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (London, England (UK)) in March 2007.

Interview

Easy and friendly interviewer. Asked basic technical questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Be honest.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Pune (India)) in October 2017.

Interview

Consultancy telephonic call for Screening round
    Telephonic interview round with panel
    Face to Face round one with Panel One