BNY Mellon Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BNY Mellon Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at BNY Mellon

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Syracuse, NY) in December 2009.

Interview

I initially was contacted by a recruiter re the position. After a telephone screening, I was brought in for a face-to-face. I met with the supervisor as well as his supervisor. Everything was very congenial and friendly.

The office was in downtown Syracuse in a large (for Syracuse) office building on Salina St. Initially I met with the HR person and she administered a technical programming skills test. The test took about one hour.

Following the meeting with human resources I met with the technical supervisor. He explained what the expectations of the job would be and we discussed my experiences in the field. It was very friendly and seemed focused on determining my competence and fit in the organization. There were no brain teasers or gotcha type questions and few touchy-feely interview questions (like "what are your weakenesses?").

After meeting the technical supervisor I met with the big boss. That was more of an introduction than an interview; I got the impression that it had been decided to make me an offer at that point and that was why they brought me in to meet him.

Interview Questions

• There was a programming test as part of the interview process.   Answer Question

The fit simply wasn't right for me.

Other Interview Reviews for BNY Mellon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

First, I just hand in the resume in person on my school career fair. And the other day, I received the email with a link of a hack rank programming online assignment. Then we schedule the interview.

Interview Questions

• How proficient are you in JAVA? What's you project about?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online through and received a phone call a few days later to set up a in person interview. I went in the next day for a very brief 30 minute interview with two managers of the team I would be working for. They asked basic resume questions about my previous experiences. Technical questions were very simple. Didn't break a sweat.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2018.

Interview

It was a phone interview for BNY Mellon company , behavioral questions were asked . It was a brief interview for about 15 min . They spoke about the work they do in the beginning, then went ahead with the interview and in the end I got to ask questions about the kind of work I get to do If I got selected

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about the time when you encouraged your teammate to come up with ideas
      2. Tell me about the time when you working on a project / or a situation where you had to explain someone who has least idea about computer software   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (King of Prussia, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

the interview is productive and there are several technical questions asked by multiple layers of managers. the questions are normal but some could be very challenging. That is all I know

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in November 2009.

Interview

Asking Quwation on programming, algorithms, OS

Interview Questions

• Based on a given design requirement, how to design application with several layers   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

just very basic questions. previous experiences, why you want to work for them, coding question. Question asked: given a string and a number then show all permutations of the string with that size in length

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

I was given a home assignment which wasn't so complex, I've accomplished the assignment including the bonus part but the person to whom I served it never got back to me despite the fact that I spent several hours in completing the task...