BNY Mellon Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 19, 2017

2.8

57 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Account Management Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Manchester, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

Friendly but demanding. I was asked about my previous work experience, my language skills were tested and I was asked a lot of personality related questions and why I left my former employer. The interviewers were friendly and funny and tried to convince me that the company is a good place to work. I had spent too much time learning about the role and too little time knowing myself before this interview, but it doesn't matter too much now because I got the offer anyway.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about the most challenging event in your former job and how you reacted to it.   1 Answer

Human Resources Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Manchester, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

The Interviewing Manager was very nice, put me at ease and was a positive interview. However I went for the interview on the Thursday, when the recruiter I was dealing with managed to get a response from them on the Monday, they stated the position had already been filled. This very much felt it had been filled internally, that this was always going to be the case, and that the role had only been advertised to follow processes. It seemed an unfortunate waste of time (mine, the recruiter's and the interviewing manager's) and cost of money.

Interview Questions

• The questions were general ones about experience etc.   1 Answer

Associate Director of Media Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview was scheduled with BNY Mellon by an internal recruiter and confirmed by email. The interviewer never called at the scheduled time. The interview was rescheduled a few days later and again confirmed by email and again the interviewer didn't call.

I'm rather surprised that a company like BNY Mellon would confirm an interview twice and not follow through.

Summer Interview

Interview

Very simple process, submitted my CV and was interviewed by my future manager in the team I applied for. The interview was up to half an hour long, and competency based. Not very technical at all but perhaps that varies across divisions. I was notified soon after that I was successful.

IVC Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Manchester, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

I was headhunted and invited for an interview without ever receiving a job description. On the interview that it turned out that I wasn't notified of basic requirements for the position. The panel seemed very unprofessional, were hardly able to answer my questions about the company and I never heard back from them, even though they said they will notify me even if I'm unsuccessful.

Client Service Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Manchester, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Interviewed by two senior people. Fairly relaxed to begin with however got intense later on. A mixture of personal questions and then competency based questions. It lasted one hour 40 mins.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online, telephone interview & final round interview. Telephone was very standard motivational questions. Final round interview was the most relaxed experience of my life. Two very friendly MD's made me feel totally at ease and like I could be myself. By this point they know that you're bright and you understand the company as you've gone through the motions already- this final interview is a chance to get to know you. Be yourself, be honest and it will be fine. They want to see if you're a cultural fit and whether or not they could work well with you. Be open to talking about your experiences in detail and drawing on the skills set that it has taught you and how this would help.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

The application process begins with an online form. You are required to fill out relevant information with regards to education and personal details. The only documents required are a CV and relevant cover letter. I was notified about the interview after about 3 weeks, with a day before the scheduled interviewer. The interview was relatively informal and enjoyable; it lasted slightly less than half an hour.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you have demonstrated entrepreneurship.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you have overcome a challenge.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you have demonstrated integrity.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your greatest achievement, and what you learnt from it.   Answer Question

Audio Visual/Unified Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

I went for two in person interviews at the London office.

The first interview was with the staff I would be working with and a senior engineer in New York. The interview went well and they invited me back for a second round.

The second round of interviews was with management in Manchester and New York.

After completing the long winded interviews (One manager kept stopping the interview to talk on his phone, and another couldn't work out how to use his Bluetooth headset!) I was told I would get feedback the next week, I never received any response.

I contacted the HR department who set up the interviews twice for feedback and still never heard back anything, common courtesy isn't one of this banks strong points!

This company isn't worth working for if they treat interviewees as bad as this, and I'm pretty glad i didn't end up with a job offer to be honest!

Interview Questions

• Give a history of BNY Mellon   1 Answer

Performance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Leeds, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Very fair interview with two senior members who were very polite and professional. Invited back for a second interview with one of the original interviewers and a new more senior person, again both were very polite and a fair interview. Very swift response from their HR team after both interviews and I was fortunate to be offered the job which I accepted

Interview Questions

• Mainly competency based questions from previous experience along with more relevant financial questions.   Answer Question