BNY Mellon Vice President Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BNY Mellon Vice President Interview Questions

Interviews at BNY Mellon

2.7

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

Face to Face interview process with 4 individual managers from various servicing groups within this group. All brought a different set of perspectives to this process and made me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Experience within the field
    Knowledge of products the bank services   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for BNY Mellon

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon in January 2013.

Interview

Contacted by Recruiter for phone interview. She set-up the in person interview. Met with 1 person (Managing Director) for in-person interview. Didn't have to meet anyone else. Received an offer via phone call. I was able to negotiate for a slightly higher pay rate.

Interview Questions

• Talk about some of your experiences that make you a strong candidate for this role.   Answer Question

Negotiation

HR person contacted me via phone to provide the offer. I countered with a higher number.

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

Three rounds of in person interviews with a fairly large number of stakeholders. Given the seniority of the position, most questions were directed at past experience and reasons for separation with prior employers.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with the group members and the head of the team. It took about two weeks. The main question is why do you want to switch jobs. Their interview was mainly about technical skills such as model development.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume. What models have your worked with.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation at all. The hr wants to low ball you as much as possible.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Initial phone screening call with Recruiter, followed by phone interview with a person in the group and then the hiring manager. After those 3 phone interviews, was invited to interview in person with a few senior leaders in the group. Everyone was extremely welcoming and the offices were very nice. I was able to get a good pulse on the group, the role and the responsibilities. I did feel like while on site, the recruiter tried to "sell" me a bit on the company.

Received positive feedback from recruiter a few days after the onsite. They contacted my references about a week and a half later. All of my references said the conversations went well. I asked for an update a few days after, and the response, though prompt, was lukewarm compared to prior communications, signaling to me that I likely was not going to get an offer.

Extremely disappointed as I felt a bit led on, feeling like I was the top candidate. If I had to take a guess I would say the hiring manager was not serious about filling the position.

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions related to past experience, why BNY Mellon and standard behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2010.

Interview

Consisted of a phone interview. Next step was a 1 hour personal interview. After completeing the personal interview I returned for a short 30 minute interview with a EVP. Final interview was with the recruiter that initially contacted me. We spent considerable time goign back and forth on salary offers and other benefits.
    the interview with the EVp was a complete sham and a waste of time for both of us.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in December 2009.

Interview

7 people over 2 days, one on one, +1 HR meeting for application, benefit descriptions, etc. Offices good (midtown), people ok, a little provincial maybe, seem somewhat cheap.

Kind of cheap

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in August 2010.

Interview

Most processes start with a phone screen by the recruiter and if you pass that part, you get to meet the hiring manager in person which happened for me. The hiring manager usually spends up to one hour with you and gives you an overview of the job. In my case, I received a realistic job preview which was appreciated. The RJP conveyed that it would be in my best interest to not consider future employment with this firm.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

phone interview followed by on site interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2012.

Interview

HR Screening interview, followed by day long site visit/interview. Entire process took about 6 months.

Negotiation

Very little room for negotiation.