BNY Mellon Vice President Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BNY Mellon Vice President Interview Questions

Updated Jun 17, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

first phone call with two interviewers, asking some general knowledge questions. Some questions asking your current job responsibilities. then go to onsite interview by a team lead, a senior member and a senior manager.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BNY Mellon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Initial phone screening call with Recruiter, followed by phone interview with a person in the group and then the hiring manager. After those 3 phone interviews, was invited to interview in person with a few senior leaders in the group. Everyone was extremely welcoming and the offices were very nice. I was able to get a good pulse on the group, the role and the responsibilities. I did feel like while on site, the recruiter tried to "sell" me a bit on the company.

Received positive feedback from recruiter a few days after the onsite. They contacted my references about a week and a half later. All of my references said the conversations went well. I asked for an update a few days after, and the response, though prompt, was lukewarm compared to prior communications, signaling to me that I likely was not going to get an offer.

Extremely disappointed as I felt a bit led on, feeling like I was the top candidate. If I had to take a guess I would say the hiring manager was not serious about filling the position.

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions related to past experience, why BNY Mellon and standard behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

Three rounds of in person interviews with a fairly large number of stakeholders. Given the seniority of the position, most questions were directed at past experience and reasons for separation with prior employers.

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

Face to Face interview process with 4 individual managers from various servicing groups within this group. All brought a different set of perspectives to this process and made me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Experience within the field
      Knowledge of products the bank services
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with the group members and the head of the team. It took about two weeks. The main question is why do you want to switch jobs. Their interview was mainly about technical skills such as model development.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume. What models have your worked with.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation at all. The hr wants to low ball you as much as possible.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in December 2013.

Interview

Initial phone interview with HR, quick pass to 2 MDs (phone), followed by 2 face-to-face interviews. Questions were direct and to the point. Excellent explanation of role and expectations, final interview focused more on fit and culture, which was extremely helpful. HR recruiter kept me informed every step of the way.

Interview Questions

• What type of corporate culture do you see yourself thriving in?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no need to negotiate; they met my expectations on the first offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

phone interview followed by on site interview

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon in January 2013.

Interview

Contacted by Recruiter for phone interview. She set-up the in person interview. Met with 1 person (Managing Director) for in-person interview. Didn't have to meet anyone else. Received an offer via phone call. I was able to negotiate for a slightly higher pay rate.

Interview Questions

• Talk about some of your experiences that make you a strong candidate for this role.   Answer Question

Negotiation

HR person contacted me via phone to provide the offer. I countered with a higher number.

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon in October 2012.

Interview

Multiple phone interviews lasting hours where I eventually had to develop and demonstrate an application. Humiliating experience for someone with decades of experience.

Interview Questions

• Prove that you know technology you have over ten years experience in by writing code while we watch.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Don't take it. Increases are way below the inflation rate.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2012.

Interview

HR Screening interview, followed by day long site visit/interview. Entire process took about 6 months.

Negotiation

Very little room for negotiation.