BP Interview Questions in Aberdeen, Scotland | Glassdoor

3.4

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Well Control Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BP (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

I was asked about my experience and then they asked questions concerning the job. I soon realised that I was being interviewed for a different role that I had been asked to attend the interview for. It was quite confusing.

Interview Questions

• How would I deal with a disciplinary matter covering working relationship between two members of a team.   1 Answer

Geoscience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at BP (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)) in February 2014.

Interview

Initial CV screening, followed by psychometric, verbal and numerical reasoning testing. This was followed by a friendly phone interview which asked mainly strength based questions. Technical interview at either Aberdeen or London office followed. This was not too high level as mathematicians and physicists also attend these interviews. The interviewers wanted to see a good thought process rather than the correct answer. Finally an assessment centre involving team, individual and presenting exercises.

Interview Questions

• Group exercise was to do with assessing a number of different fictional pipelines and deciding which is the best to use.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BP (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)) in January 2014.

Interview

Completed online forms, online tests, a telephone interview with HR and a technical interview with an engineer from the discipline. I used a very personal experience of safety for my online form which I was later told was an excellent example of how important this value was to me. My telephone interview I had prepared well for but had a few unexpected questions. For example, name a time you helped someone else in their personal development. I had been a mentor in University so I quickly used this example. My technical interview was 1.5hrs and I was shown a picture and asked to speak about potential issues. I was then asked about certain aspects in more detail such a pressure drop, viscosity of fluids, inspection processes and how I would overcome challenges that I had identified.

Interview Questions

• How would you calculate the pressure drop? Name a time you helped someone else with their personal development.   Answer Question

Instruments & Controls Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BP (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)) in January 2013.

Interview

The process was not too bad in general, although they could have made me comfortable by not having the interview as long as they did. I would prefer that they dont stretch the interview whereby it becomes too onerous for the interviewee.

Interview Questions

• Any reservations about the company. Obviously Gulf of Mexico event was substantial and it's bound to make people think.   Answer Question

Commercial Upstream Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BP (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)) in December 2012.

Interview

-Online form with many competency questions
    -Very easy reasoning tests based on maths and verbal.
    -Telephone interview testing on your personal ability
    -Technical Interview with 2 case studies - Commercial related. This was directed by the interviewer outlining the case and you must then ask appropriate questions and explain your thought process to answer the case study.

Interview Questions

• How do you see your year by year career progression in BP.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Still awaiting reply - expected between 7-10 working days

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BP (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)) in December 2011.

Interview

Final round assessment centre consisted of a meal with other applicant and current employees on the first day. Then the second day, we had 5 different exercises. 2 of them were done in groups of 4, 1 individual presentation, 1 role-play exercise done in a pair, and finally an individual exercise which was a self-reflection.

Interview Questions

• Exercise 1: Group of 4. We had to decide on new location for drilling, during the time we had the option of buying new information   Answer Question
    • Exercise 2: split into pairs and had a chance to interview an 'expert' about what type of technologies were appropriate. Then met up with the other pair and decided on the type of rig   Answer Question
    • Exercise 3: Individual presentation about whether the company should sell some of its refinery, or expand into new area, or just maintain current facility   Answer Question
    • Exercise 4: Had to decide what to do with some excess natural gas we had. We had news bulletins which affected our choice half way through   Answer Question
    • Exercise 5: one on one interview about how we felt the day went and how we felt we performed   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BP (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)) in February 2010.

Interview

There were two interviews and this include the informal interview followed by a more academic interview. The interviews were very friendly and nice. Some of the questions are quite easy and obvious. However, there were also one or tow unexpected questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe you strength in one word?   1 Answer

Drilling Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BP (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)) in November 2008.

Interview

Applied online through BP's website withing teh space of two weeks recieved confirmation e-mail requesting a time for interview. There were 3 sittings of interviews each with 4 candidates and I was in the last sitting. Interview consisted of an initially 2:1 technical interview with the line manager and dept supervisor last 1 hr. After that was placed in a 1hr situational interview. Very straightforward.