BP Chemical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 15, 2017

3.8

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Chemical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BP in October 2015.

Interview

Typical behavioral questions for 15 minutes then technical questions for an addition 15 minutes. They were looking for real world examples to answer each behavior question. For example, give me a situation where things didn't go as planned and how did you solve the problem. They also told me it wasn't about my answers but they mostly interested in my though process.

Interview Questions

• What needs to be considered for designing a specific heat exchanger? What are some equations you would use?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BP

Chemical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BP.

Interview

BP has a career fair in my university. I had an on-campus interview for one and half hours. Most of them are behavior questions. After two weeks, I was invited for the on-site interview. May questions were repeated by different interviewers such as challenge, safety, and leadership. They did not ask any case study questions. The presentation is about 45 minutes and people asked about technical questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BP (Houston, TX) in September 2010.

Interview

Basic interview questions and resume run through. Favorite class, least favorite class, study abroad experience and language abilities. Later, a behavioral run through about working in groups, ethical dilemmas. Finally, a skills-based question about fluid dynamics and building a pipeline to a reservoir at the coast.

The interviewer was very nice at first but then tried to fluster me during the skills interview. Be ready for them to be confrontational.

Interview Questions

• Take about how to build and design a pipeline from the mountains to the coast in california, including pumps, flow meters, reservoirs, etc.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

Interview

There were general questions at the beginning, such as "Tell me about yourself?" and it was quite conversational for the first 15 minutes. Then we moved on to behavioral questions and final there was a technical component where I had to analyze a chemical engineering related problem. The whole interview process lasted a while, about an hour and 10 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time where someone on your team was hard to deal with, and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Chemical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BP (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Started with an online amptitude test, followed by a 10 min phone interview, followed by a 45min technical interview and 45min HR interview and then an individual presentation interview about 30 min

Chemical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BP (London, England (UK)) in November 2008.

Interview

Completed a long online form with lots of skills based questions, such as "Write about a time when you used such and such a skill"... Then was invited for a day of interviews - one interview was more general about interests and skills, one interview was technical so used my engineering knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Engineering related technical questions were difficult - I didn't know much about the oil industry.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None - just accepted the position of a summer internship