BP Chemical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BP Chemical Engineer Interview Questions

4.0

Chemical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BP in October 2015.

Interview

Typical behavioral questions for 15 minutes then technical questions for an addition 15 minutes. They were looking for real world examples to answer each behavior question. For example, give me a situation where things didn't go as planned and how did you solve the problem. They also told me it wasn't about my answers but they mostly interested in my though process.

Interview Questions

• What needs to be considered for designing a specific heat exchanger? What are some equations you would use?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BP

Chemical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BP.

Interview

BP has a career fair in my university. I had an on-campus interview for one and half hours. Most of them are behavior questions. After two weeks, I was invited for the on-site interview. May questions were repeated by different interviewers such as challenge, safety, and leadership. They did not ask any case study questions. The presentation is about 45 minutes and people asked about technical questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BP (Houston, TX) in September 2010.

Interview

Basic interview questions and resume run through. Favorite class, least favorite class, study abroad experience and language abilities. Later, a behavioral run through about working in groups, ethical dilemmas. Finally, a skills-based question about fluid dynamics and building a pipeline to a reservoir at the coast.

The interviewer was very nice at first but then tried to fluster me during the skills interview. Be ready for them to be confrontational.

Interview Questions

• Take about how to build and design a pipeline from the mountains to the coast in california, including pumps, flow meters, reservoirs, etc.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

Interview

There were general questions at the beginning, such as "Tell me about yourself?" and it was quite conversational for the first 15 minutes. Then we moved on to behavioral questions and final there was a technical component where I had to analyze a chemical engineering related problem. The whole interview process lasted a while, about an hour and 10 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time where someone on your team was hard to deal with, and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question