BP Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

BP Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

3.1

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at BP (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied in August and completed first round of interviews in September. Got an offer for an on campus interview in October, they didn't notify me until a few days before. There are two parts to the 2nd round of interviews. The interviews are more situational and technical questions, so they were quite difficult.

Downstream Procurement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BP (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

From the BP Interview Process I had a 1 on 1 behavioral interview, group assessment, and technical interview. All of the interviewers were very friendly and I had a very pleasant recruiting experience with the company.

Financial Control Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at BP (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The recruiter contacted me 3weeks after applying online. There was no initial screening process and made me wonder if this was a fake interview and had already someone in mind for the role. When i asked that question he replied and stated they were looking for an external candidate. However, i just noticed someone on LinkedIn who just started the role back in June. So, the recruiter lied and they hired internal. I was invited for an in person interview to meet the team and everyone was dry and serious. Another's flag this role was fake, the hiring mgr. was out 'sick' that day.

Summer Early Experience Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BP (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

There is an online interactive platform, implemented through the company's official website. Video's including interview questions were played, and the applicant get to answers recorded (including the visual) within limited time duration (generally 90 to 120 seconds per question), after a rather short break to get prepared (about 30 seconds). I was traveling at the moment, so the interview was actually through the smart phone, which turned out to work.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in BP? What kind of questions do you have for the company? What do you want to learn from the experience?   Answer Question

Process Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hammond, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BP (Hammond, IN).

Interview

Take a 3 hour skills test with about 29 other people. It was several different topics including a video of how to read gauges. Wait several weeks to hear from hr if you passed. They set you up for a face to face interview with 3 people at a time.

Interview Questions

• Tell them somethung about how you worked successfully in a group.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BP (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Had a fast phone screen. When I met with hiring manager, he hadn't even looked at my resume and seemed preoccupied. It felt like he was just going through the motions

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at BP   1 Answer

Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BP (Naperville, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

Longer process:consisted of three parts: safety video, interview, laboratory tour. The interview wrapped up with a meeting with the HR Manager to discuss moving forward. The interview itself was the HR Manager, the department head, and two employees. It was panel style and took around an hour.

Interview Questions

• It was primarily behavioral questions.
      Give a situation where you had to correct someone.
      Tell us a moment you are proud of.
      A moment you are not proud of.
       Strengths/weaknesses
      Answer Question

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bartlett, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BP (Bartlett, IL).

Interview

Mostly the manager telling tales to try to get me to work for him. There were no really difficult or nonstandard interview questions. Spend an hour with a book on job interview strategy and you will be more than ready for this.
    Have I met the 50 word minimum yet? How about now? How about now?

IST Sophomore Experienxe Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BP (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

I received an email telling me I would have a phone interview in the coming days. Kind of short notice. I set up a time that worked for me. My interviewer called approximately 3-4 min after my scheduled time. He told me about himself and proceeded to ask me questions. He asked about 5 questions two of which I had prepared answers for which was great. In all, it lasted around 20 min. At the end, he asked if I had any questions. I hear back in about two weeks.

Account Opening Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BP (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

To determine who would be laid off, the company developed a process that required each group member to prepare a self evaluation, have an evaluation conducted by 3 unknown peers, interview for your current position and be evaluated by your superiors. This was all smoke and mirrors to eliminate 25% of the staff which was heavily weighted with employees over 50 years old.

Interview Questions

• Subjective questions - tell me a time when.....   1 Answer