BP Drilling Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BP Drilling Engineer Interview Questions

3.2

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at BP (Houston, TX).

Interview

I was contacted to interview with BP through the SWE conference website, and had an initial 75 minute interview when at the conference. The recruiter was nice and patient with me if I paused to think before answering questions. The interview consisted of a behavioral portion and a technical portion, with the technical portion being a simple scenario in which I was asked to describe how to obtain certain information, or what would change as a result of an external stimulus. Honestly I felt like it was more a test to see how well I though on my feet. Two weeks later I got a call inviting me to an onsite interview, which was very similar in format. After the interview I got a tour of the campus, and lunch in the cafeteria. One thing I noticed was that there were a lot of women, and that there were many Spanish speakers- both of which I think are positive aspects because they speak of a diverse and multicultural environment. A few days later I got a call offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• None. Questions are there to test your response under pressure, and are relatively simple.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, but the offer was good to begin with.

Other Interview Reviews for BP

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BP (Anchorage, AK).

Interview

One telephone interview with two to three people including supervisor for the position. Questions revolved around background of skills and experience. Next phone call was about pay which I did not accept. A third phone call with revised pay package.

Drilling Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baku (Azerbaijan)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BP (Baku (Azerbaijan)) in April 2016.

Interview

interview consisted of three parts: group work, behavioral and technical parts. group work was about design considerations of a platform. there were deliberately made uncertainties in the given data. design considerations were about water and gas injections, power supply, unconventional vs. conventional, export options and some other aspects. in the technical part there was one main question: what can cause stand pipe pressure to increase?

Interview Questions

• what can cause stand pipe pressure to increase?   1 Answer

Drilling Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BP (London, England (UK)) in July 2012.

Interview

By phone. Technical interview carried out by a senior engineer. I was asked details on my job positions and activities.

Interview Questions

• Anything that much difficult, just questions related to the job position and my experience.   Answer Question

Drilling Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port-of-Spain (Trinidad and Tobago)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BP (Port-of-Spain (Trinidad and Tobago)) in May 2008.

Interview

There were 3 interviews in one day, a technical, an HR and a group interview. Highest scores are made offers.