BP Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BP Engineering Interview Questions

Updated Mar 15, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BP (College Station, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a pretty standard interview process. There was nothing out of the ordinary. They asked primarily behavioral questions. They asked about one question pertaining to each of the companies core values.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you identified a safety concern in the workplace.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BP

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BP.

Interview

Recorded interview online. Series of about 4 questions asked. Before recording the video response you had a multiple choice behavioral questions and had a certain amount of time to respond. Whole interview lasted about 15 minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BP (Houston, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

I had interview last week at Houston office. It was two 1 hour sessions. The first part behavoiral and second mostly technical.
    I am still waiting for interview result, told to know within two weeks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BP (Houston, TX) in October 2010.

Interview

Invited for an on-campus interview after initial resume screening. On-campus interview was a 1:1 interview consisting of a personality portion and a technical portion. Neither was too hard and were very casual. Was invited for an on-site interview in Houston after 2 weeks waiting. On-site interview was the same personality/technical interview except it was 2:1 and a different set of interviewers conducted each portion. Questions were a little more challenging and they asked a lot about preferences in job and location. After the interview, there was a campus tour.

Interview Questions

• Tell me an example of when you applied technical knowledge learned in class to a problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at BP (Champaign, IL) in October 2010.

Interview

Very standard. about an hour and 15 minutes. First half behavioral and second was technical

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BP (Austin, TX) in February 2010.

Interview

Well, this was my first interview, as well as the interviewers first interview.... so it was kind of awkward. Started off with typical interview questions( tell me about yourself, best qualities, etc) and then they handed me a diagram of a heat transfer system and asked me to talk about it, very open ended.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BP (Houston, TX) in November 2009.

Interview

Great 1 on 1 interview with HR professional
    This was followed by a technical test, the engineer providing the technical test was extremely condescending, and not at all helpful. I think BP would be a great company to work for, great training program for graduates, but there are definitely a few people who are not representing the team well.

Interview Questions

• Technical Engineering question based on petroleum engineering   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campus (Nepal)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BP (Campus (Nepal)) in October 2014.

Interview

On college campus interview in a one on one process. Pending what interviewer you get, it can be a one sided conversation or a give and take discussion. Big company so understand what area of study you are interested.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BP (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)) in February 2010.

Interview

There were two interviews and this include the informal interview followed by a more academic interview. The interviews were very friendly and nice. Some of the questions are quite easy and obvious. However, there were also one or tow unexpected questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe you strength in one word?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BP in August 2009.

Interview

I applied through my university website, and got a call for a campus interview. It was a technical skills interview 1:1. After a month I got a call for a site visit, where I would have another 1:1 technical skills interview and a personality test interview and a tour of the campus. Less than a week later they made an offer over the phone I could not refuse, monetarily speaking. Although, I had to wait 9 months to start. Great place to work at though.