BP Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BP Engineering Interview Questions

Updated Mar 15, 2017

3.2

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BP in March 2009.

Interview

The interview took about 1.30 hrs and was in two stages. The first stage was competency and capability interview while the second stage was technical interview. Under the technical a real life engineering problems/challenges was given and ask to provide a solution. Competency interview was more on personality,achievement and skills.

Interview Questions

• Describe your role in a team project you recently undergone.(Practical)   Answer Question
  • Tell us about a time you single handed plan and implement anything. Also describe the success and challenges face.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BP

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BP in May 2009.

Interview

Applied online and then received a call scheduling a phone interview. Completed the phone interview (20 minutes) very simple, just what are your interests/experiences not hard at all. Received request for face to face interview and was flown out to Texas City for on-site interview. Day long event included several powerpoint presentations about BP benefits and culture, etc. Then a plant tour followed by a 45 minute personal interview and a 45 minute technical interview. The personal interview was exactly what you would expect with a strong focus on experiences within a team setting. Questions about a team meeting adversity, what did you do, a team succeeding what role did you play, etc. Technical interview was weird my question was you are in charge of building a pipeline from the ocean to a refinery 200 miles away and there is a mountain range in the way, what issues are involved here? Then you just talk them through the project and they observe your thought process and what issues you worry about and how you address them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BP (Houston, TX) in November 2009.

Interview

Great 1 on 1 interview with HR professional
    This was followed by a technical test, the engineer providing the technical test was extremely condescending, and not at all helpful. I think BP would be a great company to work for, great training program for graduates, but there are definitely a few people who are not representing the team well.

Interview Questions

• Technical Engineering question based on petroleum engineering   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BP (Houston, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

I had interview last week at Houston office. It was two 1 hour sessions. The first part behavoiral and second mostly technical.
    I am still waiting for interview result, told to know within two weeks.

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BP in January 2009.

Interview

Very efficient and quick response, after submission online careers site.

Interview Questions

position offerred was not good fit

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BP (Austin, TX) in February 2010.

Interview

Well, this was my first interview, as well as the interviewers first interview.... so it was kind of awkward. Started off with typical interview questions( tell me about yourself, best qualities, etc) and then they handed me a diagram of a heat transfer system and asked me to talk about it, very open ended.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BP (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)) in February 2010.

Interview

There were two interviews and this include the informal interview followed by a more academic interview. The interviews were very friendly and nice. Some of the questions are quite easy and obvious. However, there were also one or tow unexpected questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe you strength in one word?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campus (Nepal)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BP (Campus (Nepal)) in October 2014.

Interview

On college campus interview in a one on one process. Pending what interviewer you get, it can be a one sided conversation or a give and take discussion. Big company so understand what area of study you are interested.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BP.

Interview

Recorded interview online. Series of about 4 questions asked. Before recording the video response you had a multiple choice behavioral questions and had a certain amount of time to respond. Whole interview lasted about 15 minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BP (College Station, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a pretty standard interview process. There was nothing out of the ordinary. They asked primarily behavioral questions. They asked about one question pertaining to each of the companies core values.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you identified a safety concern in the workplace.   Answer Question