BP Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BP Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Dec 26, 2016

3.3

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BP in September 2016.

Interview

it was online and and they asked about 12-13 questions. all behavioral but most having to do with risk and safety. they were prerecorded questions of people and you had about 30 seconds to prepare for them before you had to answer them yourself.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that your team was at risk and what did you do   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BP

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BP (Denver, CO) in September 2015.

Interview

Received an email from the company about an interview. I was sent a link and instructed to record some responses to a few questions. All the questions were pre-recorded and I never spoke to anyone on the phone or through email. 4-5 questions about "Describe a time...", "Describe your career goals...", etc. Pretty standard stuff. I answered the questions and never heard back.

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

Best way to land a job in BP, as with other big oil companies is to complete an internship. Historically there's an over 50% chance that interns will be offered a full time job after completing a summer internship. The recruiting process typically comprises behavioral interviews/experience based interviews as well as technical interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you felt the most energized being an employee?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BP (Austin, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

I applied through my university's on campus recruiting in early September. I received an interview about a week later. There was a company dinner the night before that helped the candidates understand more about the company culture. The interviewers were all nice and helpful.

Interview Questions

• The interview was two part. The behavioral section was pretty predictable

-A time you thought on our feet
      -A time you received good advice from a mentor

The technical section was more difficult than I had expected and asked the candidates to do a times assignment of moving gas in and out of storage to meet supply and demand and the instructions were a little confusing.
      Answer Question

My personality doesn't fit with the high-stakes trader career. I chose a financial analyst position for BP.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BP (Chicago, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call a few days later to schedule the interview. Interview panel of five people, very informal, made me feel very comfortable and at ease. Most questions are behavioral, about providing examples of specific scenarios or situations from your past job experience. Questions will vary according to the role you apply for. Use the STAR method as a guide to answer any of the questions. If your answer is incomplete, expect follow up questions.

Interview Questions

• Just in general, be very prepared for the typical "Why should you get this job? What makes you the top candidate? What differentiates you from the other candidates?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BP (Anchorage, AK) in October 2012.

Interview

Submitted application online, asked to interview at campus career fair, then asked to travel to office location for another couple days of interviews and orientations.

Interview Questions

• I had an unimpressive undergrad GPA thanks to my first couple years of college. Halfway through the interview, the lead interviewer dropped his scripted questions on the table in exasperation. He then asked me why I was even there with such a lousy GPA considering that most of my peers were 4.0 students. He followed up by grilling me on each class on my transcript in which I received a grade lower than a B.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BP (Houston, TX) in September 2011.

Interview

it was a 1.5 hours interview. first part was behavioral, second part was technic

Negotiation

it was an internship offer, no negociation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BP (Houston, TX) in September 2011.

Interview

I filled out an online application after meeting the recruiters at my campus. When I heard I was invited to a final interview, I signed up online. A couple days prior to the interview I attended a pre-interview dinner that was mostly social, but the recruiters also asked a few preliminary questions about my interest in the job. The interview was with a panel of two employees at about 1 1/2 hours long - it was pretty intense. There were a few intro questions about myself, a behavioral portion, and then a technical portion which consisted of a really simple case study of a problem that I may face in the job.

Interview Questions

• What about your major(s) do you find most useful and what do you find least useful?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of an experience that shows your business acumen and ability to solve problems to maximize utility.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrenville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BP (Warrenville, IL) in January 2011.

Interview

Easy process

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BP (Houston, TX) in March 2010.

Interview

Fairly vanilla interview process. Standard 1:1 meeting with division supervisor to discuss prior experience, perceived strengths and weaknesses

Interview Questions

• Why do you think we should hire you - what do you bring to the table   Answer Question