BP Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BP Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Dec 26, 2016

3.3

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

Best way to land a job in BP, as with other big oil companies is to complete an internship. Historically there's an over 50% chance that interns will be offered a full time job after completing a summer internship. The recruiting process typically comprises behavioral interviews/experience based interviews as well as technical interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you felt the most energized being an employee?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BP

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BP (London, England (UK)) in February 2012.

Interview

there was a telephone interview initially by a recruitment agent , then a one to one by 2 people and that was it and it lasted for about 1 hour

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for BP   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrenville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BP (Warrenville, IL) in January 2011.

Interview

Easy process

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BP (Houston, TX) in March 2010.

Interview

Fairly vanilla interview process. Standard 1:1 meeting with division supervisor to discuss prior experience, perceived strengths and weaknesses

Interview Questions

• Why do you think we should hire you - what do you bring to the table   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BP in October 2009.

Interview

Interviews are behavioral and situational based. Confidence OK, but BP does not like too cocky. You must be pro diversity which is simple enough. Advancing at BP may require moving nationally or internationally, so if you are mobile make it known, and if you are not, keep it to yourself. Some people are starting to get skills tests, but some do not. So there might be an Excel, general math, accounting test,...etc. for some basic roles. But other interviews are situational and behavioral only, but be careful to gauge your audience and see if they want skill or behavior, and tailor your answer accordingly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult person and how you solved it.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you worked in a group and had to find a compromise.   Answer Question

not a promotion

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BP (Houston, TX) in September 2011.

Interview

I filled out an online application after meeting the recruiters at my campus. When I heard I was invited to a final interview, I signed up online. A couple days prior to the interview I attended a pre-interview dinner that was mostly social, but the recruiters also asked a few preliminary questions about my interest in the job. The interview was with a panel of two employees at about 1 1/2 hours long - it was pretty intense. There were a few intro questions about myself, a behavioral portion, and then a technical portion which consisted of a really simple case study of a problem that I may face in the job.

Interview Questions

• What about your major(s) do you find most useful and what do you find least useful?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of an experience that shows your business acumen and ability to solve problems to maximize utility.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BP (Chicago, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call a few days later to schedule the interview. Interview panel of five people, very informal, made me feel very comfortable and at ease. Most questions are behavioral, about providing examples of specific scenarios or situations from your past job experience. Questions will vary according to the role you apply for. Use the STAR method as a guide to answer any of the questions. If your answer is incomplete, expect follow up questions.

Interview Questions

• Just in general, be very prepared for the typical "Why should you get this job? What makes you the top candidate? What differentiates you from the other candidates?"   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BP (London, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied through agency, had 4 interviews: technical, competency based itw, chit chat with senior director. Lasted 1 month then got answer straight away the same day of last interview. Just need to be yourself, show interest to the job and that you are smart enough to talk about any topic whether technical, political or cultural.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BP in June 2008.

Interview

2 rounds of behavioural interviews. Key was to show how you think, that you have an analytical mind. Expressing interest in company was a big help. 2 round did have minor financial skills questions. interviewers are particularly interested in leadership and achievement. i gave several examples of both. offer came about a week later over the phone.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BP (Houston, TX) in September 2011.

Interview

it was a 1.5 hours interview. first part was behavioral, second part was technic

Negotiation

it was an internship offer, no negociation