BP Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

3.2

108 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BP (Houston, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

HR reached out to me on a Tuesday was scheduled to have a face-to-face interview on Friday of the same week. Once I made it to the interview the atmosphere just seemed negative from the start. It was a two person panel interview with the hiring manager and one other person. The other person just seemed very dry and cold. The main issue I had with the interview was the line of questions. They put me through the standard situational based interview which I am use to, however the questions were extremely lengthy. One question would consist of a combination of 10 questions. There is no way one person is going to remember that many questions at one time. As I am listening to the questions I am trying to think of what I'm going to say and try to keep up with remembering even half of the questions that were asked of me. Even though they told me the questions would be lengthy and that I could stop at any point and ask to repeat the question, I just found it all to be way too much for the type of job they were hiring for. It would have been a better interview if they would have broken the questions down into multiple parts like most other interviewers do. That way a person would not feel overwhelmed and would not have to stop multiple times to ask to repeat the question over and over again. HR was quick to let me know that I was not selected which I appreciated. Wasn't thrilled with the environment and the negativity of the interview anyway so wasn't disappointed to not be selected.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to step out of your comfort zone to get something accomplished. What was the situation. What were the steps you took? What was the result?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had to motivate others to help accomplish a task. What was the task? What process did you initiate to motivate others? How did you recognize others for the work that they have done? What was the overall impact on the team as a whole?   Answer Question

Business Process Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BP (Houston, TX).

Interview

Fantastically long Process. They usually have large pool of candidates (internal and external), so they take their time. HR applies "algorithms" to their searches, that purge candidates without any rhyme or reason.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a difficult business stakeholder.   2 Answers

Security Operations Center Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at BP (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

First, I submitted my resume on the BP Careers portal. Second, once appropriately accepted throughout the process, I was asked to perform a performance due to being a Contractor and working onsite at BP. Third, I had a face-to-face interview with HR, my direct Line Manager, and a representing Manager from the group. In the interview, they asked technical and personality trait questions to see if I understood my job and if my personality would conflict with BP's core values.

Interview Questions

• If a situation arose where your manager is forcing you to do something, work-related, in a way that causes you to question authority and your morals, how would you react and what would you say to that person?   1 Answer

Engineering Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BP (Houston, TX).

Interview

Behavioral and technical questions. Most of them are about tell me about a time................... and some technical questions relating to the role you applied for. You have to know your work very well as other follow up questions might comes up base on your previous response to the initial questions ask.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a problem with a coworker.......what was the problem and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

IST Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BP (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through BP career matcher website. Had the interview on my college campus. Interview was really relax. Mostly behavioral questions. Be sure to have an answer for most of the general questions. Conflict etc etc.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw someone do something unethical?   Answer Question

Upstream Chemical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at BP (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I spoke to them at the career fair and got an email about a virtual email about a week later. The interview consisted of videos of various BP employees asking questions and then a 30 second period before you have to start answering the question. In my opinion, the interview was badly structured and the questions were hard to answer when there was no real person receiving them on the other side.

BP Discovery Day Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BP (Houston, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Immediately received email to do virtual HireVue interview. I assume everyone automatically gets the interview. You do the online interview, which consists of two recorded answers and one short essay. Everything is timed and you only have one chance at it. After that, it took a little over a month for them to get back to me.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BP (Houston, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Went well but a bit slow. I would prefer to have been interviewed quickly and points made directly and cut short. I think if the company focused more on the development aspects and explained more clearly how the fourth is developed, that would be great. I think if they also found ways to separate themselves from other oil and gas companies, they would succeed more.

Interview Questions

• How interested I was in finance and whether I had interest in leaving my function for another   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was easy, respectful and honest.

Subsurface Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BP (Houston, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied on the site(transcriptions etc.), 20 min later I received email about the next step. I had to complete Situational Judgement Questionnaire-30 questions, different situations and I had to choose what is most likely to do and less likely. 30 min later I got invitation for video interview and should do it in the next 3 days. About the interview- Firefox seems to dot work with the software. I had time to practice and to check mic and camera. Than the questions:
    1. Say your name, University and your majors?
    2.How and why you choose your majors?
    3. Why O&G industry and why BP?
    4. What you will bring to BP and what you hope to get, long term plans.
    Now I must wait for the next step.

Good luck to all of you!

Interview Questions

• 1. Say your name, University and your majors?
      2.How and why you choose your majors?
      3. Why O&G industry and why BP?
      4. What you will bring to BP and what you hope to get, long term plans.   Answer Question

Records Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BP (Houston, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

I was briefly interviewed by a recruiter. My resume spoke for itself. He did not have many questions for me because I worked for Apache 15 years. He was quite sure I could get along with his team. He was supposed to requisition me (recommend me), but get a response later.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what I liked best about my previous job.   1 Answer