BP Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 28, 2017

3.2

Business Process Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BP (Houston, TX).

Interview

Fantastically long Process. They usually have large pool of candidates (internal and external), so they take their time. HR applies "algorithms" to their searches, that purge candidates without any rhyme or reason.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a difficult business stakeholder.   2 Answers

Engineering Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BP (Houston, TX).

Interview

Behavioral and technical questions. Most of them are about tell me about a time................... and some technical questions relating to the role you applied for. You have to know your work very well as other follow up questions might comes up base on your previous response to the initial questions ask.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a problem with a coworker.......what was the problem and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

IST Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BP (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through BP career matcher website. Had the interview on my college campus. Interview was really relax. Mostly behavioral questions. Be sure to have an answer for most of the general questions. Conflict etc etc.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw someone do something unethical?   Answer Question

Upstream Chemical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at BP (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I spoke to them at the career fair and got an email about a virtual email about a week later. The interview consisted of videos of various BP employees asking questions and then a 30 second period before you have to start answering the question. In my opinion, the interview was badly structured and the questions were hard to answer when there was no real person receiving them on the other side.

BP Discovery Day Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BP (Houston, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Immediately received email to do virtual HireVue interview. I assume everyone automatically gets the interview. You do the online interview, which consists of two recorded answers and one short essay. Everything is timed and you only have one chance at it. After that, it took a little over a month for them to get back to me.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BP (Houston, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Went well but a bit slow. I would prefer to have been interviewed quickly and points made directly and cut short. I think if the company focused more on the development aspects and explained more clearly how the fourth is developed, that would be great. I think if they also found ways to separate themselves from other oil and gas companies, they would succeed more.

Interview Questions

• How interested I was in finance and whether I had interest in leaving my function for another   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was easy, respectful and honest.

Subsurface Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BP (Houston, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied on the site(transcriptions etc.), 20 min later I received email about the next step. I had to complete Situational Judgement Questionnaire-30 questions, different situations and I had to choose what is most likely to do and less likely. 30 min later I got invitation for video interview and should do it in the next 3 days. About the interview- Firefox seems to dot work with the software. I had time to practice and to check mic and camera. Than the questions:
    1. Say your name, University and your majors?
    2.How and why you choose your majors?
    3. Why O&G industry and why BP?
    4. What you will bring to BP and what you hope to get, long term plans.
    Now I must wait for the next step.

Good luck to all of you!

Interview Questions

• 1. Say your name, University and your majors?
      2.How and why you choose your majors?
      3. Why O&G industry and why BP?
      4. What you will bring to BP and what you hope to get, long term plans.
      Answer Question

Records Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BP (Houston, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

I was briefly interviewed by a recruiter. My resume spoke for itself. He did not have many questions for me because I worked for Apache 15 years. He was quite sure I could get along with his team. He was supposed to requisition me (recommend me), but get a response later.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what I liked best about my previous job.   1 Answer

BP IST Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at BP (Houston, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

Two video interviews done in my dorm room and a final site interview which included an individual case interview and a group case interview.

Video 1: 10 mins, 3 questions. Really basic. "Tell my about yourself", "Why BP/oil", and something else
    Video 2: a lot of questions, lasts about 30 minutes, many esoteric questions
    Case 1: Easy case interview. Google "Schlumberger business interviews" for examples on math, and get the Case in Point book for examples on how to answer questions.
    Case 2: With a group. Make sure to be respectful but don't be a pushover. A really easy way to ace this interview is to suggest being the person who writes on the board: shows initiative, allows you to be involved without doing any heavy lifting, can showcase your organization skills because it was a large case with many data pieces.

The two cases are done before lunch, then you get lunch at 12 and are shown the trading floor/building.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you identified a risk and what did you do about it?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at BP (Houston, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

First, I had an virtual interview. This consisted of behavioral based questions and occurred about 7 days after I was notified I had an interview. About a week after that, I filled out an online test consisting of math, logic and reasoning questions. This all culminated with a two day, on campus interview, consisting of a dinner, two 45 minute interviews, a group case study and an individual case study.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you witnessed something unethical happen and what did you do about it.   Answer Question