BP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

Sort:

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calumet City, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BP (Calumet City, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

I interviewed with 2 project managers

Interview Questions

• what are your weaknesses.   2 Answers
    • why should i hire you for this position   1 Answer

Negotiation

It wasn't negotiable.

Computer Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at BP (Houston, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

HR email, followed by a phone call from the hiring manager, then on-site. The manager asked for a phone call afterward by never called, next week found out the application is no longer under consideration. They are really bad at being on time and responding emails.

Consulting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BP (Houston, TX).

Interview

Recruiter contacted me to interview with them.

The hiring manager was definitely not interested in me since I did not have the experience or pedigree he was looking for. Not sure why they brought me in for an interview.

Granted I had food poisoning the morning of the interview so maybe it was me?

Essentially it was a waste of time.

Petroleum Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BP (College Station, TX) in May 2011.

Interview

It is long and informative, with both behavior and technical questions. It was a 75-minute interview as the first round, and the 2nd round was making a presentation about my research project. The first interview is 1-1 and the second interview is 1-2. I think the environment is friendly and relaxing, and the questions are pre-designed.

Petroleum Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BP in October 2013.

Interview

First Round of interview it was an hour interview with technical questions

Petrophysicist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BP (Houston, TX) in October 2010.

Interview

I got first round through the University career website for the position of Petrophysicist/Well Log Analyst. I think their first round selection is completely random, as many of my friends with same profile did not get the interview call, while a few others (highly unfit for the position) got the call.

Well-Logging, I am good at it, so I analyzed the well-log given to me in the first round really well. The interviewer a Geologist asked me a lot of other clichéd-interview questions and I gave her clichéd answers.

I got a second round call. On-site interview, where I presented my research work (which is entirely unrelated to Petrophysics - as i said my first round selection i think was random). Also I was asked to comment on a geological formation (I had only one geology field trip in my masters).

The interviewer (a geologist) said, he thinks I did very well in geological interpretation considering my background in Geology. Another interviewer I think was not so impressed.

Finally after making me wait for two months, they sent me a standard rejection letter. I was extremely surprised as I had thought I did well.

A suggestion to International students pursuing Geology-Petrophysics-Geophysics, DO APPLY FOR PETROPHYSICIST POSITION in the future in BP, as they are always running short of Petrophysicist.

As I got to know from other friends, pay is awesome, near around 100,000 dollars. If you like well-logging and seismic interpretation, this is the place to be in.

Petrophysicist Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BP (College Station, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

It was an on-campus recruitment. I met with the recruiters at the university's career fair. I also applied on the company's career website. I received notification for an on-campus interview in about a week. The interview itself was two part- the first part was behavioral, and the second part was technical. I received an offer within about 3 weeks of the campus interview.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions were centered around the company core values- Safety, Respect, Excellence, One Team, and Courage. I was indirectly asked to describe scenarios where I demonstrated these values.
      Technical questions included interpretation of well logs (mainly to test basic understanding of general petrophysics concepts), and some discussions on information contained in my resume.   1 Answer

Strategy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warrenville, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BP (Warrenville, IL).

Interview

The hiring process required one phone interview and one face-to-face interview in front of a panel. The face-to-face interview included more than 10 questions, one right after another. The questions were on personal work experience, and the related future role, which in this case was related to strategy. Case studies were used during the interview.

Interview Questions

• One question was on how depreciation expense affects the income statement.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to increase my signing bonus a little bit by negotiating with the hiring manager.

Channel Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BP (Wayne, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

While typical of HR-led interviews, it was a bit odd to have an interview that simply followed a checklist instead of encouraging a free-flowing discussion to see how experience can benefit company. Very little focus on what company can offer prospective employee. Do not seem open to different thinking. While not an awful interview experience, not very welcoming either. Terrible communications.

Interview Questions

• How does your experience satisfy our safety requirement?   Answer Question

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BP (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2010.

Interview

Just walked in and there was a single interview. The manager sat me down and went over my application, they did a background check and then gave a VERY simple math test. Basically if you were able to pass the 7th grade you can pass their math test.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult was when they asked how to deal with irate customers, just because I wasn't sure if they'd want me to handle it myself or get a manager to do it.   3 Answers

Negotiation

None at all