BP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 13, 2018

3.1

Commodity Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BP (Chicago, IL).

Interview

All situation based for this role when you come from an outside organization. Be prepared for the interview to come off very cold. Ask questions to open it up- they want to see that you are engaged.

Something to note is that you will need to take a drug test (a hair test) that is non-negotiable.

Interview Questions

• Describe to me a time when _________ happened, and how did you respond?

What is a time that you had to make an unpopular decision, but you still felt like it was the right thing to do? What was that decision.   1 Answer

Etp Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BP (Houston, TX).

Interview

BP management and HR reps conduct a behavioral interview that focuses on the job competencies and responsibilities. Be prepared to discuss scenarios based on the responsibilities of the job and process improvements.

Interview Questions

• Give a scenario in which you have improved a process?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

turnaround times were very quick. hiring process was smooth and easy. very good communication and pay was good. I was impressed with the red carpet they rolled out for all candidates

Interview Questions

• talk about a time that you were challenged   1 Answer

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BP (Houston, TX).

Interview

Typical behavior based questions that have been asked over and over. You might not get an opportunity to demonstrate your technical knowledge. I left with the impression that team leaders are not expected to know their area just how to talk to upper management.

Environmental Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Missouri City, TX

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BP (Missouri City, TX).

Interview

Applied through university recruiting. First interview virtual. Then, I was invited on site for a full day interview. Full day interview included technical interview, group interview, and an overview of company/benefits.

Maintenance Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BP.

Interview

5 person panel on the phone after speaking with a recruiter on via email. 5 people on the phone isn't a good way to speak with strangers and is confusing for the candidate. One of the interviewers chose to grill me about hypothetical solutions for fixing mechanical issues... My experience has been managing mechanics to solve problems and create strategic plans... Not turn wrenches and fix pumps. This was clear on the my resume and the questions seemed very low level for the role.

Interview Questions

• Something about how to trouble shoot a pump   1 Answer

Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whiting, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BP (Whiting, IN) in March 2018.

Interview

I had 3 interviews on the same day. 1st one was easy they ask you 5 behavior based questions. 2nd interview was the same thing. Just 5 behavior based questions. I found it strange though that no one asked me about my resume. The 3rd interview is a work demo. You get placed with 4 of you. It was easy but I got stuck in a group with one person that knew what he was doing and 2 people that had no idea, nor did they have any refinery experience. Over 1000 ppl applied and they interviewed 78 ppl and how these 2 got an interview I have no idea. I think it’s really sad though that your future job can be put on the line because of other ppl.

Interview Questions

• If a supervisor asks you to work on a piece of equipment that you are not qualified on what do you do ?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BP.

Interview

I applied for an internship at my university and then made contact with the company when arrived in Germany. I had a phone interview with the Head of Technical Operations.

Integrated Supply Trading Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BP (Houston, TX) in February 2018.

Interview

I networked with BP at a trading simulation class which gave a real world scenario of how reading works at BP. After that, I met the recruiting team at an on-campus career fair where we talked more about the position. I then applied to the job on the BP website and was scheduled for an on campus interview

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BP (Columbus, OH) in January 2018.

Interview

First, I had a phone screen. I was asked some basic questions about my experience, why I wanted the job, what I expected from my career etc. it was pretty relaxed

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your safety record   1 Answer