BP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 25, 2017

3.2

Business Process Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BP (Houston, TX).

Interview

Fantastically long Process. They usually have large pool of candidates (internal and external), so they take their time. HR applies "algorithms" to their searches, that purge candidates without any rhyme or reason.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a difficult business stakeholder.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BP.

Interview

1 interview and I nailed it from top to bottom best part of my day was learning about the company and just rocking it man just rocking it. Just an amazing day.

Interview Questions

• What would you do without your mother?   1 Answer

FP&A Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BP.

Interview

Min of 2 interview panels consisting of 2-3 people. Expect hiring manager(s) and someone you will have heavy interactions with in the role. Big lag in time from time of interview to job offer. All questions are behavioral-based.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time where you had to influence a decision. What challenges did you face? How did you manage the conversation and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Timing of another offer

Engineering Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BP (Houston, TX).

Interview

Behavioral and technical questions. Most of them are about tell me about a time................... and some technical questions relating to the role you applied for. You have to know your work very well as other follow up questions might comes up base on your previous response to the initial questions ask.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a problem with a coworker.......what was the problem and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at BP (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied in August and completed first round of interviews in September. Got an offer for an on campus interview in October, they didn't notify me until a few days before. There are two parts to the 2nd round of interviews. The interviews are more situational and technical questions, so they were quite difficult.

Process Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BP.

Interview

The process was pretty long, it contained 12 questions (2 of which were more relocation questions). The interview was through an online program, but I didn't have trouble accessing or figuring out how to use it. The interview wasn't live but they did use real people to ask the questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about your major?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for BP?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time where you had to take into consideration your own safety and the safety of others when doing something?   Answer Question
    • What are you trying to learn from your experience at BP?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you had struggled and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Ist IT&S Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BP.

Interview

The interview process went really well, it was definitely nice of them to take us out to pre interview dinner. Everyone I met was really cool and the interview rounds were survivable. There was a technical round and a group case round. They definitely emphasized their values so focus on those.

Completions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norman, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BP (Norman, OK).

Interview

Just had one on campus interview. It was known as one of the hardest interviews to undergo though. The have a verbal portion, and a technical portion. The verbal was the basic STAR material. In the technical portion, they tested your technical competence by presenting problems associated with your major.

Interview Questions

• Analyze the stress on a beam and determine where is would fail.   1 Answer

Integrated Supply and Trading (IST), Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BP (Urbana, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

I got the first round on-campus interview, and trading group manager give me an interview. Questions are cliche, but you definitely need to do your homework. There are four parts of the interview: Competence, motivation, and ethic (There should be one more, but I forgot sorry guys)
    By the way, before the interview, BP also hold a preinterview dinner. All interviewer join the dinner, so I sat on the same table with my interviewer. It is a good chance to know the personality of your interviewer and other candidates.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is important to be a good trader?
      Why BP?
      What is your career goal?
      Answer Question

Downstream Electrical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BP (Irving, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a video interview, around 12 questions were asked, 8 or so were behavior. Interview was difficult in general, They gave me 3 minute time to answer a question and 30 seconds to prepare for each question. Questions were long with multiple parts

Interview Questions

• What do you know about this position and explain what previous experiences made you want to pursue this path   Answer Question