BP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BP Interview Questions

Updated Oct 19, 2017

3.2

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BP.

Interview

It was an online video interview with 12 questions and about 25 minutes long. Gives you 30 seconds to prepare an answer for the question and 3 minutes to answer the question.

Interview Questions

• how your experiences would help you accomplish working at BP   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BP.

Interview

I interviewed online through a video interview software. Basic behavioral questions were asked and your responses were recorded. You do not talk to anyone, you simply record your responses to questions in a certain time limit

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at BP (Lansing, MI) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied through my campus website and their website and I was contacted the next day and went to a dinner event with other interviewees. I had an interview the next day. The interview was behavioral based questions and a case study on a specific region. The interview was about 90 mins

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BP (Denver, CO).

Interview

It was quick and easy. The hiring manager asked questions regarding data analytics and industry best practices. There were also lots of general questions to see if I would be a good fit for the culture.

Interview Questions

• How long have you worked in this field?   1 Answer

Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BP (Houston, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

HR reached out to me on a Tuesday was scheduled to have a face-to-face interview on Friday of the same week. Once I made it to the interview the atmosphere just seemed negative from the start. It was a two person panel interview with the hiring manager and one other person. The other person just seemed very dry and cold. The main issue I had with the interview was the line of questions. They put me through the standard situational based interview which I am use to, however the questions were extremely lengthy. One question would consist of a combination of 10 questions. There is no way one person is going to remember that many questions at one time. As I am listening to the questions I am trying to think of what I'm going to say and try to keep up with remembering even half of the questions that were asked of me. Even though they told me the questions would be lengthy and that I could stop at any point and ask to repeat the question, I just found it all to be way too much for the type of job they were hiring for. It would have been a better interview if they would have broken the questions down into multiple parts like most other interviewers do. That way a person would not feel overwhelmed and would not have to stop multiple times to ask to repeat the question over and over again. HR was quick to let me know that I was not selected which I appreciated. Wasn't thrilled with the environment and the negativity of the interview anyway so wasn't disappointed to not be selected.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to step out of your comfort zone to get something accomplished. What was the situation. What were the steps you took? What was the result?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had to motivate others to help accomplish a task. What was the task? What process did you initiate to motivate others? How did you recognize others for the work that they have done? What was the overall impact on the team as a whole?   Answer Question

Trader Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BP (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

Laid back interview process. Go in with an open mind and not a stick up your rear end and your chances will improve. They are fairly selective though, most of the people I thought would get offers did not.

Interview Questions

• Given a case study with a partner and asked to do an interactive exercise of buying/selling and wheeling and dealing   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BP in August 2017.

Interview

Filled out online application. Received an email for a video interview. Then received an email for an in-person interview. First interaction with a live person was when I was interviewed on site by 4 people. Asked standard questions, some pertaining to their values. Got the impression they already had a preferred candidate by the questions and attitude of one interviewer.

Machine Shop Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellingham, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BP (Bellingham, WA) in July 2017.

Interview

It was the basic questions like: What do you value? What makes you a valuable part of the team? I felt like they needed to know I would be a good fit as a team member and would work well with their team.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at BP.

Interview

I originally applied for a similar role (process control technologist). After a phone interview and on-site interview (the on-site consisted of 1 hour of STAR questions and a tour of the refinery), I was quickly offered the role, but did not accept. Getting a better description of the job, I expressed that I was only interested in an engineering role rather than the technologist role and we agreed to keep in contact in case a PCE role opened.

A few months later, I was contacted with news that a PCE role had opened and that I was being considered. It was very encouraging that HR followed through and got in touch with me. Unfortunately, from this point the process took exceedingly long. Between going on site again (to speak to the exact same people), getting internal "approval" for the job requisition, and background screening, it was close to 4 months before I was confident I had the position. This put a lot of strain on me as I was still continuing in my current employment.

When I finally did get the offer, I was very happy with it and accepted. The site HR was flexible with start date and helpful with keeping me up to speed during the (long) process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate as the offer was very fair and it didn't seem too negotiable.

Life Safety Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BP in May 2017.

Interview

Initial interview conducted via telephone, but was more of a screening type of interview. Was contacted within a week or so via e-mail to coordinate an in person interview. The interview was via webcam with six or seven key position holders within the field. All interviewers were professional and each asked at least one question. Most questions were based on my personal experience and how I handled a variety of situations based on specific element they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• Asked to identify something specific that I had contributed to current position that was not a regulation.   1 Answer