BP Interview Questions

Updated Mar 4, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,162 of over 1.2K interviews

3.1
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at BP

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dominican Republic

Application

I interviewed at BP (Dominican Republic) in Mar 2021

Interview

First, you send a copy of your CV and fill out "The SHL Occupational Personality Questionnaire." Next round, a psychiamtric test based on numeric and deductive reasoning. Finally round, pre recorded interview (on Hirevue)

Interview Questions
  • What values can you bring to the company?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hungary

Application

I interviewed at BP (Hungary)

Interview

Through a headhunter agency I got an interview, but there was no HR in the interview, only 3 other team members via Skype, I didn't get a second round, as my experience was not suitable enough.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in United States

Application

I interviewed at BP (United States)

Interview

1 phone interview, 1 in-person interview. The phone interview lasted about 10 minutes, they ask very basics questions, tell me about yourself, how many years of experience do you have, why did you apply. The in-person interview lasted lasted 45 minutes - 1 hour and they asked only behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
  • Have you done anything unsafe at work?
  • Tell us about yourself and your experience
  • Why are you leaving your current job?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in United Kingdom

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BP (United Kingdom)

Interview

There's an initial test to make sure you know the company's values and core principles, following this you will be invited to take part in a video interview. There are around 5/6 questions based on general competency and nothing too difficult. After this stage, there is a technical interview where you are required to talk through two problems with a couple of senior engineers at the company. This stage is quite difficult and you really have to know your stuff and understand how to work through a problem. The final stage is an assessment day with the company where you take part in four tasks with other candidates that test your soft skills as well as your ability to collaborate and think under pressure.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in United States

Application

I interviewed at BP (United States)

Interview

A panel of three people will interview you. One person will be a female and/or minority that is there for no reason other than to fill a quota and make the company look diverse.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you have applied your judgement to add commercial value. Give me an example of a time when you have had to make a choice between two or more different options, each of which had commercial merit. Tell me about a time when you have spotted flaws in a colleague's commercial analysis of a situation. How have you raised your team's awareness of the cost implications of decisions? How do you keep yourself and your team up to date with developments in your field of expertise? Tell me about a time when you have initiated action to address a specific development need you had identified. In what ways have you stepped out of your comfort zone in order to build your capabilities? How do you manage your own development?
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Korea

Application

I interviewed at BP (South Korea)

Interview

Very pleasant. BP really pays attention to the experience of the applicants. Definitely a longer process (3 interviews) but they were very helpful in catering to applicant's needs (eg. travel reimbursement).

Interview Questions
  • Given a realistic business scenario - asked to set up communications strategy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in United Kingdom

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BP (United Kingdom)

Interview

Online test then Online interview sort of test using Hirevue. Stats questions and Coding questions. Stats questions requires answering the questions first then recording screens and using excel.

Interview Questions
  • If I flip a coin 9 times, what is the minimum number of heads I need observe to reject the null hypothesis that the coin is unbiased towards heads to 90% confidence?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States

Application

I interviewed at BP (United States)

Interview

First round was a video screener with multiple behavioral questions, second round a month or so later and was a super day with a behavioral portion, business case, and excel test.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Singapore

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BP (Singapore)

Interview

Focus on BP values such as teamwork, safety, respect, courage, excellence in your behavioral story as fit is an integral part of BP's overall culture. Case question is open-ended, and not interviewer led, and requires a certain level of oil and gas / upstream / downstream knowledge to be able to map out a certain level of detail

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you had a disagreement with your team member

Anonymous Interview Candidate in United Kingdom

Application

I interviewed at BP (United Kingdom)

Interview

Online application - very quick and easy - similar to CV Online assessment 1 Online assessment 2 On demand interview - 60 minute coding challenge, 6 statistics questions including hypothesis testing and probability, 6 personality questions In person/zoom interview if successful

Interview Questions
  • What about your experience/qualifications would be beneficial in this role
Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,162 Interviews