BP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.3

362 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BP (Houston, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

HR reached out to me on a Tuesday was scheduled to have a face-to-face interview on Friday of the same week. Once I made it to the interview the atmosphere just seemed negative from the start. It was a two person panel interview with the hiring manager and one other person. The other person just seemed very dry and cold. The main issue I had with the interview was the line of questions. They put me through the standard situational based interview which I am use to, however the questions were extremely lengthy. One question would consist of a combination of 10 questions. There is no way one person is going to remember that many questions at one time. As I am listening to the questions I am trying to think of what I'm going to say and try to keep up with remembering even half of the questions that were asked of me. Even though they told me the questions would be lengthy and that I could stop at any point and ask to repeat the question, I just found it all to be way too much for the type of job they were hiring for. It would have been a better interview if they would have broken the questions down into multiple parts like most other interviewers do. That way a person would not feel overwhelmed and would not have to stop multiple times to ask to repeat the question over and over again. HR was quick to let me know that I was not selected which I appreciated. Wasn't thrilled with the environment and the negativity of the interview anyway so wasn't disappointed to not be selected.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to step out of your comfort zone to get something accomplished. What was the situation. What were the steps you took? What was the result?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had to motivate others to help accomplish a task. What was the task? What process did you initiate to motivate others? How did you recognize others for the work that they have done? What was the overall impact on the team as a whole?   Answer Question

Life Safety Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BP in May 2017.

Interview

Initial interview conducted via telephone, but was more of a screening type of interview. Was contacted within a week or so via e-mail to coordinate an in person interview. The interview was via webcam with six or seven key position holders within the field. All interviewers were professional and each asked at least one question. Most questions were based on my personal experience and how I handled a variety of situations based on specific element they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• Asked to identify something specific that I had contributed to current position that was not a regulation.   1 Answer

Environmental Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BP (Toledo, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

The first part was very short to have the first phone screen, second phone screen and then scheduled for the on-site interview. Got there for the interview was over 15 minutes early which was good because there was a lot of construction on site which no one told me about. They made me wait 45 minutes because they said that they were told a different time. There were 4 people conducting the interview. No one ever called after the interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of situational questions and only 1 or 2 technical questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at BP (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied in August and completed first round of interviews in September. Got an offer for an on campus interview in October, they didn't notify me until a few days before. There are two parts to the 2nd round of interviews. The interviews are more situational and technical questions, so they were quite difficult.

Process Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BP.

Interview

The process was pretty long, it contained 12 questions (2 of which were more relocation questions). The interview was through an online program, but I didn't have trouble accessing or figuring out how to use it. The interview wasn't live but they did use real people to ask the questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about your major?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for BP?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time where you had to take into consideration your own safety and the safety of others when doing something?   Answer Question
    • What are you trying to learn from your experience at BP?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you had struggled and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Ist IT&S Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BP.

Interview

The interview process went really well, it was definitely nice of them to take us out to pre interview dinner. Everyone I met was really cool and the interview rounds were survivable. There was a technical round and a group case round. They definitely emphasized their values so focus on those.

Integrated Supply and Trading (IST), Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BP (Urbana, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

I got the first round on-campus interview, and trading group manager give me an interview. Questions are cliche, but you definitely need to do your homework. There are four parts of the interview: Competence, motivation, and ethic (There should be one more, but I forgot sorry guys)
    By the way, before the interview, BP also hold a preinterview dinner. All interviewer join the dinner, so I sat on the same table with my interviewer. It is a good chance to know the personality of your interviewer and other candidates.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is important to be a good trader?
      Why BP?
      What is your career goal?   Answer Question

Downstream Electrical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BP (Irving, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a video interview, around 12 questions were asked, 8 or so were behavior. Interview was difficult in general, They gave me 3 minute time to answer a question and 30 seconds to prepare for each question. Questions were long with multiple parts

Interview Questions

• What do you know about this position and explain what previous experiences made you want to pursue this path   Answer Question

Downstream Procurement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BP (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

From the BP Interview Process I had a 1 on 1 behavioral interview, group assessment, and technical interview. All of the interviewers were very friendly and I had a very pleasant recruiting experience with the company.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at BP (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

I got called for dinner and then a 1 on 1 interview the next day. The lady was very successful and did a lot for the company. She was a little intimidating but very nice. Thought the interview went well, they kept emailing me asking me if I would still like the work there and then eventually sent out the rejection letter. I could tell they were waiting to see if someone else was going to accept an offer before letting me know.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you saw an issue with safety and what did you do?   Answer Question