BP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BP Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2017

3.2

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at BP.

Interview

I originally applied for a similar role (process control technologist). After a phone interview and on-site interview (the on-site consisted of 1 hour of STAR questions and a tour of the refinery), I was quickly offered the role, but did not accept. Getting a better description of the job, I expressed that I was only interested in an engineering role rather than the technologist role and we agreed to keep in contact in case a PCE role opened.

A few months later, I was contacted with news that a PCE role had opened and that I was being considered. It was very encouraging that HR followed through and got in touch with me. Unfortunately, from this point the process took exceedingly long. Between going on site again (to speak to the exact same people), getting internal "approval" for the job requisition, and background screening, it was close to 4 months before I was confident I had the position. This put a lot of strain on me as I was still continuing in my current employment.

When I finally did get the offer, I was very happy with it and accepted. The site HR was flexible with start date and helpful with keeping me up to speed during the (long) process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate as the offer was very fair and it didn't seem too negotiable.

Life Safety Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BP in May 2017.

Interview

Initial interview conducted via telephone, but was more of a screening type of interview. Was contacted within a week or so via e-mail to coordinate an in person interview. The interview was via webcam with six or seven key position holders within the field. All interviewers were professional and each asked at least one question. Most questions were based on my personal experience and how I handled a variety of situations based on specific element they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• Asked to identify something specific that I had contributed to current position that was not a regulation.   1 Answer

Environmental Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BP (Toledo, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

The first part was very short to have the first phone screen, second phone screen and then scheduled for the on-site interview. Got there for the interview was over 15 minutes early which was good because there was a lot of construction on site which no one told me about. They made me wait 45 minutes because they said that they were told a different time. There were 4 people conducting the interview. No one ever called after the interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of situational questions and only 1 or 2 technical questions.   Answer Question

Business Process Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BP (Houston, TX).

Interview

Fantastically long Process. They usually have large pool of candidates (internal and external), so they take their time. HR applies "algorithms" to their searches, that purge candidates without any rhyme or reason.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a difficult business stakeholder.   2 Answers

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BP.

Interview

1 interview and I nailed it from top to bottom best part of my day was learning about the company and just rocking it man just rocking it. Just an amazing day.

Interview Questions

• What would you do without your mother?   1 Answer

FP&A Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BP.

Interview

Min of 2 interview panels consisting of 2-3 people. Expect hiring manager(s) and someone you will have heavy interactions with in the role. Big lag in time from time of interview to job offer. All questions are behavioral-based.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time where you had to influence a decision. What challenges did you face? How did you manage the conversation and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Timing of another offer

Security Operations Center Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at BP (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

First, I submitted my resume on the BP Careers portal. Second, once appropriately accepted throughout the process, I was asked to perform a performance due to being a Contractor and working onsite at BP. Third, I had a face-to-face interview with HR, my direct Line Manager, and a representing Manager from the group. In the interview, they asked technical and personality trait questions to see if I understood my job and if my personality would conflict with BP's core values.

Interview Questions

• If a situation arose where your manager is forcing you to do something, work-related, in a way that causes you to question authority and your morals, how would you react and what would you say to that person?   1 Answer

Engineering Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BP (Houston, TX).

Interview

Behavioral and technical questions. Most of them are about tell me about a time................... and some technical questions relating to the role you applied for. You have to know your work very well as other follow up questions might comes up base on your previous response to the initial questions ask.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a problem with a coworker.......what was the problem and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at BP (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied in August and completed first round of interviews in September. Got an offer for an on campus interview in October, they didn't notify me until a few days before. There are two parts to the 2nd round of interviews. The interviews are more situational and technical questions, so they were quite difficult.

Process Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BP.

Interview

The process was pretty long, it contained 12 questions (2 of which were more relocation questions). The interview was through an online program, but I didn't have trouble accessing or figuring out how to use it. The interview wasn't live but they did use real people to ask the questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about your major?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for BP?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time where you had to take into consideration your own safety and the safety of others when doing something?   Answer Question
    • What are you trying to learn from your experience at BP?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you had struggled and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question