BP BP Challenger; Chemical Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

4.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

BP Challenger; Chemical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BP (Anchorage, AK) in February 2012.

Interview

Applied on the website. Got a call from HR for a phone screening 3 hours after applying online; took 30 minutes. Basically went over my resume and asked what I was interested in. Got an email a week later saying i was accepted for the first interview, which was all behavioral questions. The first interview was with two people (one hiring manager who is a senior engineer and a BP Challenger program coordinator). The first interview lasted an hour and was a phone interview. Got a call the next day saying I was accepted for a second interview which would be all technical related questions and would be flown to Anchorage, AK for it. Two weeks later I flew there. The technical interview was for 45 minutes and then 45 minutes of questions I had for them (basically a discussion). The technical interview was with two people both engineers. They try to make as you as relaxed as possible and are basically looking for your thought process. Overall found the people very friendly, and the work environment was very relaxed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations needed. They made an offer i could not refuse; although I really considered declining it for personal reasons. Amazing offer.