BP Process Engineer Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.3

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Process Engineer Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BP (Berkeley, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Submitted my resume online, then received an email scheduling an interview for the following week. Interview was one hour and thirty minutes long, half was behavioral and half was technical. Behavior questions seemed pretty team oriented; what role you play in a team, how you resolve conflicts, etc. Technical question was about a heat exchanger, lots of questions; how you would improve it, what types of heat flows are associated with it, what kind of problems there might be, etc.

Process Engineer Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BP (Berkeley, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Submitted my resume online, and was contacted via email within a week and scheduled an interview. The interview was one hour and thirty minutes long, half behavioral and half technical. The behavioral part was very team oriented; I was asked lots of questions about what role I've played in a team, how I resolved conflicts, etc. The technical part was about a heat exchanger; how to improve it, what problems there might be, where heat transfer occurs, etc.

Process Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Texas City, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BP (Texas City, TX) in September 2008.

Interview

Applied online and then received a call scheduling a phone interview. Completed the phone interview (20 minutes) very simple, just what are your interests/experiences not hard at all. Received request for face to face interview and was flown out to Texas City for on-site interview. Day long event included several powerpoint presentations about BP benefits and culture, etc. Then a plant tour followed by a 45 minute personal interview and a 45 minute technical interview. The personal interview was exactly what you would expect with a strong focus on experiences within a team setting. Questions about a team meeting adversity, what did you do, a team succeeding what role did you play, etc. Technical interview was weird my question was you are in charge of building a pipeline from the ocean to a refinery 200 miles away and there is a mountain range in the way, what issues are involved here? Then you just talk them through the project and they observe your thought process and what issues you worry about and how you address them.

Interview Questions

• You are in charge of building a pipeline 200 miles from the ocean to a refinery and there is a mountain range in the way. What issues are involved in this project?   3 Answers

Negotiation