BP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 16, 2017

3.2

773 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Graduate Interview

Interview

Pre-screening, maths & verbal online test, interview & case study, trading game, assessment centre & more case studies

Interview Questions

• assessment centre where you have to compete to talk and get interviewers' attention   Answer Question

Negotiation

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BP.

Interview

Passes the first interview, the 2nd interview was pretty thorough, they went over resume, transcript, pretty basic stuff.

Interview Questions

• what is your weakest strength?   1 Answer

Interview

One round on campus - very structured. they asked a bunch of structured questions and then towards the end a case. second round in chicago. same format but also a group assesment. The group assesment was just a time for everyone to sit around a table and approach a team case.

Interview Questions

• The group assesment is difficult because you dont know what to expect.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BP.

Interview

I guess my process was not out of the usual. I am a student from Puerto Rico and they have many full-time employees from our university so it is easier to get to know them. They picked my resume and we had casual conversation about my studies and I was doing in my current co-op (currently working at Eastman Chemical Co.). After a few day the interview was scheduled and when I got there they were really nice, with snacks and everything. It was a 1:1. The interview consisted of 1 hour, 30 minutes of STAR method questions (behavioral) and 30 minutes of technical questions based on a situation (my was a distillation column process). The asked many times what was it that you would like to do if an offer came up. I got an offer 1/2 based on my requests and 1/2 on my best part of the interview so they keep in mind what are you strong and weak points. Great interview, makes you feel accomplished.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to condense your distillate if you are in the middle of the dessert (100F) and you have no cooling water (which is the typical case)?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None, necessary. Their benefits are great.

Intern Interview

Interview

Passed initial tests. Competency interview very soft. When have you had to work as a team? When you had to overcome a difficult relationship? What is the proudest goal that you have achieved?

Implementation Engineer Interview

Interview

The interview was almost an hour long. It started off with pretty typical behavior questions like discussing leadership experiences and experiences working in teams. The questions got harder as the interview went on and the last few were pretty specific and challenging.

Interview Questions

• Discuss an experience you've had where you overcame an obstacle   Answer Question

Trading Intern Interview

Interview

It was a fairly standard interview process. It was a 2 on 1 interview. It will consist of a behavioral interview and 2 case studies. For the behavioral interview answer how you function in a team. Note times that you were successful and weren't successful. Always spin it to make it a positive. The second part was 2 case studies. Just answer the questions confidently and don't waiver on your answer or worry about getting it wrong. Confidence is what they want to see.

IT Manager Interview

Interview

It was a great experience but was not what I really wanted. I thought it was nice but overall just was not a fit on either party involved.

Intern Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BP.

Interview

Online Application
    Online Test - 2 sections, one verbal reasoning and one maths. Allocated time of 20 mins for each
    Personal Interview - roughly 30 mins long, ask you about achievements, working in a team, working with some difficult etc.
    Technical Interview - 1hr 30 mins in person technical interview
    Assessment Centre

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked with someone who was difficult and what you gained from this?   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Interview

Behavorial based interview. Not much on technical stuff.