BP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BP Interview Questions

Updated May 26, 2017

3.2

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dudley, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BP (Dudley, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Was given a questionaire with good common sense about the shop floor and petrol forecourt can be done easily. Then you have a really simple interview with no real question about your previous retail experience.

Order Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rotterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BP (Rotterdam (Netherlands)) in April 2013.

Interview

Easy-going, but very structured. It consisted of only on step, where i met both a colleague and a manager. I was hired quickly after, so the communication was smooth. The interview was structures to BP quidelines. Many of the questions were not 100% relevant since I was a recent graduate, but we still had to go through them. Besides that I felt welcome early.

Completion Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at BP in May 2017.

Interview

The application Started with an online amptitude test (verbal and numerical test) , followed by a twenty three min phone interview. They told my that if you are pass we will call you for the interview on 17th May, and they don't.

Chemical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BP (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Started with an online amptitude test, followed by a 10 min phone interview, followed by a 45min technical interview and 45min HR interview and then an individual presentation interview about 30 min

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BP (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

5 week delay from posting closing to even being told that I would be interviewed, a further week and a bit before a date was set.... interview itself was very structured: formal and formulaic. Having given these interviews at the company in the past, I know how strict the company policy is on what you can/can't say and the limitations on general chat: e.g. can't ask the interviewee what their journey was like or how their family is as it could be seen to be a bias against people who have longer commutes or any bias on the basis of D&I (diversity and inclusion: gender, sexual preference in particular) or those that have children (or are about to!).

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to deal with a sensitive subject.   1 Answer

CSA Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BP (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

I met with the manager of the Bp store I had applied for. She was a nice lady and the questions were simple customer service based questions which I found easy to answer. It was all a very relaxed process.

Interview Questions

• Experience with health and safety   1 Answer

Process Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at BP (Milan (Italy)) in May 2017.

Interview

Interview was 90 minutes and it was digital interview. it was consist of two parts. Firstly, they asked technical question related to oil and gas industry, fluid mechanics, equipments used in industry( such as pumps) . This part took 1 hour approximately. Then, they asked questions about company and it was like competency-based interview. Questions were a bit complicated. In conclusion, I would say that interview was difficult.

Interview Questions

• 1) Which parameters are important in pump design?
      2) And, how can you design pump with these parameters?
      Answer Question

Functional Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BP (Houston, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

There was a 3 panel interview (2 HR, and 1 employee specific personnel). Asked standard interview type question for about 1.5 hours. Allow time for questions and answers.

Maintenance Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baku (Azerbaijan)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BP (Baku (Azerbaijan)) in January 2016.

Interview

Previously Language testing, Ability testing. IQ test, Mathematics, HSE testing, Mechanics interviews about Pipework, Process equipment's,Questions about oil refinery, discussion process equipment installation, work with logistic system closely.

Interview Questions

• Pumps, valves,alignment,bolts,pipework.   1 Answer

Compliance Officer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BP.

Interview

First interview with hiring manager and hr lady... Competition beat me to the second interview. Honest and relevant feedback on my interview performance. Interview was at the canary wharf office. It lasted 2.5 hours... Mainly competency based questions for example give us a scenario where thou had to diffuse tensions in the team or where thou had to challenge your superiors etc etc