BP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BP Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2017

3.2

Commodity Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BP.

Interview

Contacted by HR to set up a phone interview. Phone interview was simply a conversation about my resume, past experience, and details of the role. About a week later I was Invited to an in-person interview. There was a group of 5 people who each asked a situational question about how I would handle certain situations. Questions were not at all technical and more situational questions. They were mainly questions regarding leadership and how you work in groups. I thought the interview went well but sometimes those questions can be difficult to answer on the spot. I heard back a week later that I did not get the job offer through an email from the recruitment automated email.

Interview Questions

• What was a time where you believed something was right when the rest disagreed? What do you hope to achieve from the job?   Answer Question

Upstream Procurement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BP (State College, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

Went to an on campus dinner with my interviewer and other potential candidates and then an intervew the next day. The interviewer was very friendly and personable and the essence of the interview was very lighthearted. Easy Interview.

Interview Questions

• What does safety mean to you?   1 Answer

Process Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BP (Dayton, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

It was very relaxed, simple, and straightforward. The person interviewing me was extremely friendly and helpful so it felt more like a conversation than an interview. Overall the process was a pleasant experience and I am very impressed.

Interview Questions

• Each question revolved around describing a scenario in which I demonstrated one of their core values.   Answer Question

Trading Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BP in September 2016.

Interview

It was incredibly subjective as it was through an online video recording. Hard to tell what they are looking for. I answered the questions clearly and honestly and within a few days my candidate zone profile was updated saying that I was no longer being considered.

Sales & Trading Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BP (Ann Arbor, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

12 behavioral questions which are done through an online virtual system. They questions are very basic and I'm not sure if I'm going to hear back as it has been a while. Overall, it is a pretty simple interview

Upstream Chemical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at BP (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I spoke to them at the career fair and got an email about a virtual email about a week later. The interview consisted of videos of various BP employees asking questions and then a 30 second period before you have to start answering the question. In my opinion, the interview was badly structured and the questions were hard to answer when there was no real person receiving them on the other side.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BP in September 2016.

Interview

it was online and and they asked about 12-13 questions. all behavioral but most having to do with risk and safety. they were prerecorded questions of people and you had about 30 seconds to prepare for them before you had to answer them yourself.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that your team was at risk and what did you do   Answer Question

Graduate Chemical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BP in September 2016.

Interview

1st round is applying online. 2nd is webcam interview, you record responses to a set of questions. I was not invited to continue past this point. Also, you may apply to only one graduate development program at BP.

Interview Questions

• A set of standardized questions via webcam. You have 2.5 mins to respond with no facial feedback from your "interviewer".   Answer Question

Financial Control Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at BP (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The recruiter contacted me 3weeks after applying online. There was no initial screening process and made me wonder if this was a fake interview and had already someone in mind for the role. When i asked that question he replied and stated they were looking for an external candidate. However, i just noticed someone on LinkedIn who just started the role back in June. So, the recruiter lied and they hired internal. I was invited for an in person interview to meet the team and everyone was dry and serious. Another's flag this role was fake, the hiring mgr. was out 'sick' that day.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BP (West Lafayette, IN) in August 2016.

Interview

Behavioral interview at first. Next stage is a technical interview. The personal and behavioral interview section asks for a candidates actions and inputs on a variety of situations. Overall, the interview procedure was stream lined, and the atmosphere was not tense.