BP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 19, 2017

3.2

BP Discovery Day Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BP (Houston, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Immediately received email to do virtual HireVue interview. I assume everyone automatically gets the interview. You do the online interview, which consists of two recorded answers and one short essay. Everything is timed and you only have one chance at it. After that, it took a little over a month for them to get back to me.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at BP.

Interview

There were two interviews first was a one on one interview. Once I passed that there was a second on-site interview and this was with a panel. Easy going and made you feel comfortable but still wanted to know if you were a good fit for the position. Probably the best interview experience I've had so far.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BP (Houston, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Went well but a bit slow. I would prefer to have been interviewed quickly and points made directly and cut short. I think if the company focused more on the development aspects and explained more clearly how the fourth is developed, that would be great. I think if they also found ways to separate themselves from other oil and gas companies, they would succeed more.

Interview Questions

• How interested I was in finance and whether I had interest in leaving my function for another   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was easy, respectful and honest.

Subsurface Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BP (Houston, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied on the site(transcriptions etc.), 20 min later I received email about the next step. I had to complete Situational Judgement Questionnaire-30 questions, different situations and I had to choose what is most likely to do and less likely. 30 min later I got invitation for video interview and should do it in the next 3 days. About the interview- Firefox seems to dot work with the software. I had time to practice and to check mic and camera. Than the questions:
    1. Say your name, University and your majors?
    2.How and why you choose your majors?
    3. Why O&G industry and why BP?
    4. What you will bring to BP and what you hope to get, long term plans.
    Now I must wait for the next step.

Good luck to all of you!

Interview Questions

• 1. Say your name, University and your majors?
      2.How and why you choose your majors?
      3. Why O&G industry and why BP?
      4. What you will bring to BP and what you hope to get, long term plans.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BP.

Interview

Video interview, received after completing the Situational Judgement Test. This is the first round interview, have 3 days to complete. Contains 4 questions, all of them are behavioral questions, such as why do you want to work here. Common questions I think, not too hard. The second round interview is still video type.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at BP?  How do you handle a conflict at work?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BP (Atlanta, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

It was an online interview in which the computer used a software like Skype to interview you, however it was not a live interviewer, but something like a youtube video that showed you what the question was, in doing so technically you should be less nervous, however I found it not really that much more useful, aside from the huge benefit of being able to interview at your convenience.

Interview Questions

• How would you resolve the conflict created by a non working team member.   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BP.

Interview

Recorded interview online. Series of about 4 questions asked. Before recording the video response you had a multiple choice behavioral questions and had a certain amount of time to respond. Whole interview lasted about 15 minutes.

Records Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BP (Houston, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

I was briefly interviewed by a recruiter. My resume spoke for itself. He did not have many questions for me because I worked for Apache 15 years. He was quite sure I could get along with his team. He was supposed to requisition me (recommend me), but get a response later.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what I liked best about my previous job.   1 Answer

Channel Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BP (Wayne, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

While typical of HR-led interviews, it was a bit odd to have an interview that simply followed a checklist instead of encouraging a free-flowing discussion to see how experience can benefit company. Very little focus on what company can offer prospective employee. Do not seem open to different thinking. While not an awful interview experience, not very welcoming either. Terrible communications.

Interview Questions

• How does your experience satisfy our safety requirement?   Answer Question

Summer Externship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BP (Boston, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

First after speaking with company representatives, they sat me and did a one:one pre-screening interview weeks later i received an email with a specific link to do a video interview

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you have to step up and become a team leader to handle a situation ?   Answer Question