BP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BP Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2017

3.2

GRADUATE POSITION Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BP.

Interview

Technical Interview - Initial questions were typical competency and interest related but these were followed by two case studies that required long answers.

Interview Questions

• The business cases were probably the most difficult aspect of the interview, although you are provided with ample time to read through the documentation and respond.   Answer Question

Chemical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BP.

Interview

BP has a career fair in my university. I had an on-campus interview for one and half hours. Most of them are behavior questions. After two weeks, I was invited for the on-site interview. May questions were repeated by different interviewers such as challenge, safety, and leadership. They did not ask any case study questions. The presentation is about 45 minutes and people asked about technical questions.

Chemical Intern Interview

Interview

Online application, online tests, phone interview then technical interview. Phone interview you should just be relaxed and treat it like a chat to a colleague. Use the STAR interview technique to efficiency get your answers across. Research the company as well to ensure you are aware of the skills required for the role you have applied for.

Geoscience Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BP.

Interview

Initial screening application which progressed instantly to full application. After application with usual competency and why do you want to work for us questions I was invited to submit online tests. These were numerical and verbal reasoning tests which were hard but I passed them to my surprise. Then I was invited to a personal interview 30mins long over the phone. Again all straight forward competency and personal questions. This progressed to technical interview at a BP site which was very hard but straight forward too. The interviewers were very nice and put me at ease. Unfortunately I did not progress but I will apply next year for graduate position instead.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied online; process was fairly quick. I first had a telephone interview with HR, pretty standard competency. This was followed by a technical interview in Aberdeen. Asked me about university experience, then onto scenario based questions about wells, drilling and drilling fluids etc. Looked like they had about 5 or 6 scenarios to choose from but only gave 2.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't sure what to expect generally over complicated technical aspects when they were actually looking for much simpler answer relating to basic mechanics.   Answer Question

Geoscience Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at BP.

Interview

Completed standard application and online tests. Telephone interview was straight forward, followed by a technical interview in Aberdeen. Had assessment centre 2 weeks later, which was very challenging but overall a valuable experience. This involved both individual and group exercises.

Interview Questions

Interview

Long and extensive interview that took place face to face with two mangers and detailed questions were asked about all the previous job experience. Practical examples from previous experience to demonstrate competency were asked.

Reliability Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BP.

Interview

I hired on as an intern which only involved one interview, mostly of situational questions. Nothing too hard, just asking to describe what you would do in certain situations. They want to hear how you put safety first. This is not the typical approach for interviews and this was the process years ago - I'm sure it has changed.

Interview Questions

• They ask to describe how a heat exchanger works. Also know how basic machinery works like a compressor or pump.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiate your signing bonus! I got offered 10%. My friend told me to offer double, so 20%. I was too nervous to push the envelope so I asked for 15% and they gave it to me no problem. Especially if you have previous experience you can play up.

Communications Interview

Interview

Phone interview that lasted approximately an hour with a recruiter from the human resources department at the company. The time on the phone mainly focused on my background and what I had done in previuos roles. We also discussed the need for the position (why was it vacant and for how long) and I asked a few questions.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions with a ask for a salary range at the end.   Answer Question

Pipeline Engineer Interview

Interview

Online Tests- Maths and English
    Telephone Interview - Company core competencies, how do you manage your time? What tools do you use?
    Face-To-Face Interview - Research the company and topic area, held in Aberdeen all expenses paid
    Assessment Centre - Be yourself, individual test on a case study and two group case studies.

Interview Questions

• Tell me where the pressures, high and low, would be on this pipeline   Answer Question